part 8

Keith's POV
     I can tell that I made things awkward between Lance and I. I want to stop the silence between us but I'm afraid that I'll make it worse. Lance talks first saying, "Quick, up on the silks, I'm going to teach you something new."
     I oblige and pull my self up the way he taught me. "Get up higher." Lance says. As soon as I am up 3/4ths of the way I sit on the silks, my thighs and ankles wrapped up so that I don't fall. "Can you do the splits?" Lance says and I nod. "Okay, unwrap your thighs and double support your ankles." I do as he says. "Now stand. "I get up from sitting position. "The last part is doing the splits." I start to do the splits and feel my ankles completely unwrap. I fall and try grabbing the silks, but they slip out of my grasp and I accept that I'm going to fall. I get ready for impact but dont feel the floor, Lance is there, how ever he did it, I have no idea but he did it. He sets me down and checks if I'm alright.
     "Thank you for catching me." I say and scratch the back of my neck looking up at Lance.
     "Yeah, no problem. You should learn to be careful." Lance says smiling with his dopey grin.
     "Im sorry for earlier, it was rude if me to ask about Kaden." I say, hoping for him to stop acting so awkward.
     "Its no big deal, really, you were just curious about my past, in fact I'm pretty curious about your past aswell." Lance says sitting down on the floor.
     "Really? What part?" I say, my breathing gets heavier as I think about what he could ask I feel a panic attack coming on, so I sit down and try to calm down.
     "Why do you love the rain so much?" He asks which calms me down completely, realizing he doesn't know about the worse things that have happened.
     "I don't know, I just love the smell. I'm the desert it was always on and off it never rained for more than 10 minutes so it was fun to run around in it whem the rain came. It was how I played." I say, relieving the memory in my head.
     "Also, why did you have that weird blade in the old flying textbook?" Lance says.
     "Well, you have your secrets I have mine." I say and get up to leave.
     I feel lance grab my wrist and pull me back making me almost run into his chest. "Why did your dad leave like that?"
     I pull on my wrist trying to leave before I started to cry, but Lance didn't let me go. Instead he hugs me. I try to fight it again but I just start to cry. "Don't cry Keith. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Lance says panicking and not knowing what to do.
     I pull my self together as I feel Lance grab my head and tilt it up to his face. I look at him and see that me crying made him cry.
     He pulls my face up to his and kissed me. I freeze, not knowing what to do. Soon enough I melt into it and kiss back. Just before I realize what I'm doing. "I-I have to go."
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Thank you for reading this part. Remeber to vote because it makes me smile.

-Author-chan