5 ~ Potions, Herbs, & Creatures

Ahahaha it's me from 2017 and I edited this and added a brief Solangelo moment so now I'm laughing insanely.

...carry on

☆ Hermione's POV ☆

Harry, Ron and I happened to sit behind Jason, Nico, and Thalia. Leo was beside me on my left. Piper sat in front of Leo. The rest of the newcomers were behind us.

Nico somehow looked like he had been electrocuted, his hair was frizzing out like Einstein's. Thalia's Twenty One Pilots shirt was ripped on one side. Leo had brightly-colored jellybeans in his curly hair, Clarisse and Travis' shirts were burned, and I was pretty sure Connor had a new shirt on.

Jason turned out to be the well behaved one. He sat up with a ramrod straight back and looked directly forward. I nodded approvingly.

Piper was playing with her quill by twirling it through her fingers.

Thalia and Nico were kicking each other under the desk, throwing parchment at each other, and whispering insults at each other. Why the others let them sit together is beyond me. Perhaps they found it amusing when they fight.

Some humming distracted me. I didn't like being distracted and found that it was Leo. He was humming and fiddling with something in his hands. I looked closely; it was something metal with a large amount of tiny buttons and screws.

"What's that?" I asked him curiously.

"What?" he looked at his hands like it just occurred to him that something was there, "Oh...this? It's a...helicopter."

I snorted, "Yeah right, I'm serious."

He grinned mischievously, and I wondered if I should give him detention before he did anything. "Don't believe me?" he pressed a button and two blades popped out. They spun and flew into the air, the helicopter blew steam and wrote "Team Leo" in the air. For the finale, it landed neatly at his desk.

I stared, He made it do that? It must be magic, but somehow I knew it wasn't. Before I could ask him about it, it vanished into thin air.

"What?" he yelped, arms waving around.

"No toys in this classroom, Valdez," a voice sneered. I looked up and saw Professor Snape, my least favourite professor.

"Okay," Leo said boredly. Wasn't he sad that he lost his helicopter?

"Okay sir," Snape corrected.

"Okay sir," Leo looked like he'd had a lot of practice saying it.

"We are going to make the Insanus Potion. Who knows what that is?" Snape asked boredly. His hair was looking greasier than usual.

Annabeth and I were the only ones who raised their hands. Instead he called on one of the Stolls.

"Stoll, what is the Insanus Potion?" he was sneering. He knew they would cause the most trouble. Then he could bully them into discipline.

"Dunno sir," they both answered, even though Snape was facing Connor.

"I'm asking Connor," he snapped.

"Okay sir," they both replied.

"So, what is it?"

"Oh...Why don't you ask Travis? I think he knows, professor," he pointed at his brother.

"Hey!" Travis protested.

"I am asking you, Connor."

"Oh...uh...it...it makes people insane...sir," he babbled.