13 ~ Hogsmeade

Nico's POV

Dumbledore had taken care of the basilisk for them, locking it up in gods know where, and no one could say they missed it.

Overnight, Snape had finished the cure and brought Thalia back. Once I heard that news, I had a crazy vision of the daughter of Zeus making me jump off a cliff, so before the evil Thalia woke up, I ditched breakfast and rushed to Myrtle's bathroom as fast as I could.

"Dude, where you going?" Jason yelled after me, always concerned.

"Don't tell Thalia!" I shouted back.

I shoved open the door and plopped myself on the floor, trying to still my breathing. The floor was quite clean, since Myrtle flooded it so often.

"Hi Myrtle," I greeted, once I saw her float down from a dusty window.

"Hello," she cocked her head in confusion, "don't you have breakfast right about now?"

I shook my head, "I'm skipping. I just need to hide for a bit, that okay?"

The ghost shrugged, shyly hiding a tiny smile, "Fine by me."

Five whole minutes went peacefully by. I told her about the latest going ons of the castle, and she nodded with interest.

BANG!

The door flew open and a distinctive voice screamed, "DI ANGELO!"

I fell over, clutching my faint heart, and scrambled into a stall before she could see me.

I slid the lock closed as quietly as I could, and peeked through the gap beside the door.

Thalia was scanning the bathroom with keen blue eyes, and she turned to Myrtle, "Hey, have you seen this boy named Nico di Angelo? Short, pale, wears black, little bit emo but denies it?"

"No," Myrtle lied, eyes getting shifty.

Thalia scoffed, then to my horror, she stared straight at my stall, "Then why are all the shadows going in this direction?"

I was about to shadow travel outside—I didn't care how tired I'd get—but Thalia had already ripped the door open—hinges and all—and dragged me out.

"Come on, Nico!" she cried triumphantly, eyes blazing with malicious glee.

Since I had sworn on the River Styx, I was forced to follow her. "Bye Myrtle," I said sadly, knowing this was last time I'd see her.

Myrtle smirked at me, "Have fun."

Some friend.

Thalia pulled me outside. She placed her hands on her hips and smiled sweetly. "You are to address me as Your Highness whenever you speak to me."

I nodded, not wanting to call her that.

"Say something!"

"Something......Your Highness," I mumbled the last part.

"What was that?"

"' Something Your Highness.' "

"Thank you, now you're going to carry me on your back to the Great Hall."

"What?! That's not reasonable! Your Highness."

"Sure it is."

"Fine, but if you break my back, you're not ordering me around anymore, Your Highness," I said with as much sarcasm as I could.

"Deal."

Before I was even ready she leapt onto my back.

And she was heavy as all of Hades.