16 ~ Quidditch & Dance

Congratz to @atrueGryffindor (cool username by the way) for guessing Drew's fatal flaw correctly! It is indeed pride, and you earn a follow!

Leo's POV

Sunday was the day of the dance, but we decided to play Quidditch first.

I grabbed my broom. The Golden Trio and Ginny were going to see how good Drew and us demigods were at their wizard game. I had heard about Quidditch, but I wasn't very interested in it because the brooms looked so uncomfortable. But Ron and Harry explained everything with so much detail it was starting to sound fun.

And it turns out the brooms had cushions! That had me sold instantly.

All of our brooms were Nimbus 2001s, even Drew's,  though I didn't ask how she'd gotten it.

Hermione and Thalia sat at the stands and watched us, though Thalia still refused to admit she was scared of heights. Katie, Hazel, Frank, and Will also sat with them, because they weren't really interested in playing.

We split into teams. Harry as Seeker, Ron as Keeper, Ginny, Percy, and Annabeth as Chasers, and Jason and Piper as Beaters on one team.

Drew as Seeker on our team, Nico, me, and Clarisse as Chasers, Lou as Keeper, and the Stolls as the Beaters.

Frank released the balls for us and hurled the Quaffle into the air.

Ginny and Nico raced for the ball. Nico seized it and tossed it to me. I threw it at the hoop farthest from Ron, but he managed to block it and send it out towards Ginny. A Bludger headed my way, and I ducked as it whooshed over my head.

Travis whacked the Bludger, but lost grip on the bat, which tumbled to the grass. "Holy Hermes! That thing is heavy!"

"Look out!" Connor yelled. The Bludger had come back.

Instead of twisting his body on the broom to hit the Bludger with the bottom of the broom, Travis actually got off the broom, and used the handle as a baseball bat and knocked it to the other side. He nearly fell, and I heard him say he wasn't trying that again. He dove back down to the ground to retrieve his bat, which he had somehow dropped.

After a few minutes, it was now 50-20, with us on the winning team.

"Ha-HA!" Percy flung the Quaffle through the hoop. 50-30. His gleeful laughter faded in and out as he circled the field. "We're catching up!"

Harry suddenly shot towards the sky. Drew yanked her broom up and followed, swerving as a Bludger tried to hit her. Connor smacked it to the other side.

Harry stretched out his hand, and his Firebolt took him farther and farther from Drew. They made a sudden turn, then Drew called, "Harry, watch out!"

Harry yanked his arm back to his broom and spun around. Nothing was coming toward him; it was a trick. Drew made a swipe with her hand but cursed when she got nothing. "It's gone," she looked around widely.

"Hey! Look at me!" Percy was riding his broom like a skateboard, "This is so cool!"

Soon everyone started trying to ride it like that and forgot about the game.

After a while, Drew suddenly got back onto her broom and sped to the right.

Harry stopped helping Ron stand on the broom and chased after her. A Bludger was going straight for them.

"Hey Drew, behind you!" Annabeth yelled. Drew must have not believed her or something, because she continued after the Snitch.

Harry looked back for half a second and saw the Bludger, "Bludger incoming!" She pretended she hadn't heard and stretched out her arm. Piper and Travis chased after the Bludger.