Waking Up

We lay there for what I wished would be forever but in reality may have only been about ten minutes. But in those ten minutes, I was able to spill more tears than Niagara falls. I was amazed how Blake didn't seem to get irritated. Instead, he lay there, with me in his arms, and rubbed my back slowly. 

In those ten minutes I was able to make a decision. I would look passed Chase and try go back to Blake. Chase showed me he cared at first but then went astray. Blake went astray but came after me. In the end, he was the one who was there to comfort me. 

"We should probably get up soon." Blake whispered. It was the eighth minute and my crying had died down. I closed my eyes and released a sigh, knowing that this little moment of ours wouldn't last forever. 

"Five more minutes wouldn't hurt anybody." I whispered back. His chest vibrated rapidly as he chuckled and he tightened his grasp. 

"Whatever you say." He kissed the top of my head once again, causing my body to relax. "It still works like a charm." He teased, noticing how my body relaxed. 

"Well you are my mate, no matter what we do to each other," I said. "What time is it?"

"The sun should be rising soon. You were passed out for quite a while." 

"What do think is going to happen today?" 

He growled lowly, "We're going to kill them, of course." 

"I meant with you." I said lowly and slowly. His growling stopped and he released a sigh. 

"I don't know," He paused. "But you have my word that no matter what the situation is: I will fight for you.

"This isn't fair. I wonder if this happens to other packs." I muttered, not knowing how to respond to his comment.

"I'm sure there are a lot worse things that happen to other packs." 

"Oh yeah? Like what?" 

"Well for starters-" He said but stopped. I let out a chuckle as he let out a dragged 'um'.

"This is as bad as it gets." I sighed.

It was a few minutes later when the door swung open and a very deep voice entered our ears. I didn't look up. I didn't want this moment to end.

"Alpha Chase said it's time to wake up." The voice said, sounding as though he were coming closer to the bed.  

"Stop," Blake growled and I felt his head lift up as he looked at the man. "We're getting up." 

"But the Alpha said now," The man said. I felt the sheets get lifted and the cold air made contact with my bare legs. I let out a yelp just as Blake got off the bed. I desperately searched for the blanket and found it on the floor. 

"Fu*king mutt." Blake growled. I looked at him as I pulled the sheet back onto the bed. I was just in time to see the impact Blake’s fist had on the other man’s face. I scrambled to cover myself with the warm blankets but continued to watch the scene.

The man stumbled back while holding his nose which had started to bleed. He looked at Blake, his eyes in a death glare. Blake had his back to me but his back muscles were tense and I could see his hands balled into fists by his side.

I bit my tongue as I saw fading lines and bruise on his back.

"Wait 'till Alpha Chase hears about this." He muttered after a few seconds of glaring at Blake.

"Tell him he can fu*k himself." Blake growled, taking a step back. The other man took a step back subconsciously before awkwardly turning around and walking out of the door. Blake walked to the door and slammed it shut. He cursed loudly when he realised there was no lock and kicked it.