Bruce Will Be Bruce

CRYSTAL POV

"Crystal! Wake up!"

I shot my head up and stared around the room until my eyes landed on Bruce. He smirked and chuckled. "Very attractive."

I rolled my eyes and punched him.

"I was sleeping!" I groaned. He stood up from the bed and shrugged his shoulders.

"Sorry. But there's someone here for you. He's been here since we left and is talking to Chase right now."

I gulped and stood up before adjusting my hair. What if it was Blake? No, Bruce would have said Alpha.

"Ok, show me."

He nodded and led me to Chase’s office. I took a big gulp before opening the door.

I stared at his back for a while but when he turned around and smiled at me, I grinned and ran to hug him. Nate chuckled and picked me up before engulfing me in a big hug, one that I had missed. He let me go and held me by my shoulders.

"How have you been, sis?"

I smiled at him, "I've been better but still good."

He nodded and I turned over to Chase to see him smiling at us before he got up.

"I'll give you guys some privacy." He said.

I nodded and watched as he walked out with Bruce following him. Once the door closed, I let out a loud sigh and looked at Nate.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He sighed and went to sit down on one of the chairs while I sat on the other. He ran a hand through his hair, only messing it up more. If our mother had seen that, she would’ve scolded him.

"I'm here to bring you back, Crystal."

I stared at him wide eyed and shook my head.

"No. You can't. Did Blake tell you why I ran away?"

He slowly nodded, "Yeah but he's been so quiet lately and it’s like something is missing from him."

"I don't care. He cheated on me Nate! Do you know how it feels to see your mate, your love, your other half have sex with another female?" I yelled, making him shake his head.

"Ok, I see how it is.” He paused. “So, you're joining this pack?" I nodded and he smiled. "That's sweet, Chase is a good man. But if anyone does anything, call this pack warrior and I’ll come." I chuckled and nodded. He was always gloating about his pack warrior title.

"Please don't tell Blake or anyone that I’m here." I pleaded. He let out a loud sigh and ran a hand down his face.

"Gee, I don't know if I can promise that, sis. I can keep the secret just not if he uses his Alpha on me."

I nodded and stood up, "That's all I ask for." He smiled and stood up also before pulling me into a hug.

"I'll visit you every fort night." He whispered. I nodded against his chest and pulled him closer, glad for the comfort. Nate was the last family member I had left. My father had died in a pack fight and my mother soon killed herself, not being able to handle losing her mate.

"I'd like that." I said as we pulled back. He nodded and kissed my forehead before walking to the door. I stared at him as he left.

NATE POV

I walked home as I thought. So Crystal was safe with Chace. He was a good man, young and an Alpha. He had lost his mate but that didn't get in the way of his Alpha duties. It showed that he was determined. And I respected that.