Chases Decision - Part One

CHASE POV

The second wolf howled and we all ran in after a brief chat. Nate was telling me of a quick strategy we could do but I decided that it was too late for that. So we were a little late into the battlefield and ended up being the last ones running out.

~

I looked up from the dead rouge in front of me and looked around. Something told me to look at the window of what looked like to be a little room in the pack house. I concentrated my eyes and snarled as I saw a figure standing there. I couldn't see them properly but they waved to me, gesturing for me to come to them. 

Knowing it was the leader of the rouges, I ran into the building and towards the room I had saw the figure. I broke the door down and snarled at anybody in the room. My eyes landed on a beautiful lady sitting down on one of the sofas. She was beautiful and I knew she was mine. 

She had an evil smirk on her lips as she realised it too. She stood up while clapping her hands slowly and walked towards me. I growled lowly at her, knowing that she was my enemy but my wolf scolded me for doing such a thing to his mate.

"This is quite a party you brought, mate." She said, stopping two steps in front of me. "Too bad it's all useless." 

What she said mad me furious. I shifted and put my fingers around her neck before slamming her against the wall. She kept that smirk on her face as I squished it.

"What makes you think this is all useless?" I growled lowly, coming closer to her face.

"Because you are going to join me, my love." She whispered, her eyes staring into mine. I snarled and let her go before turning around and taking a few steps away from her. "You can't deny it. You will join me."

I gave out a humourless laugh, "There's no way I will be disloyal to my pack. Mate or not, I'm not joining your pathetic attempts at taking over Blake’s pack."

"You say that but you don't mean that. I can live without you but you, my love, cannot live without me." She said it as though she knew me. 

"I've been mate less all these years. If I can do it then, then I can continue to do it." I replied, turning around to face her. She crossed her arms over her chest and laughed.

"You expect it to be that easy? You're going to crave my touch, crave the sound of my voice and crave, well me." 

"I'm stronger than that." I said but I felt as though I was trying to reassure myself rather than her. "I will live without you." She walked up to me and I stayed paralysed, watching her every move.

"I'll give you time to think about it." She whispered, leaning in to brush her lips against mine before walking past me and out the door. I stood there for a bit, my mind going crazy at the thought of actually partnering up with her. 

With a curse to myself, I ran out of the room. I shifted as soon as I exited the room, my wolf wanting to go and look for her mate. I held him back, reminding him that my pack comes first no matter what. He, of course, fought back but I pushed him away with all my might.

I ran out of the house and back onto the battlefield where my men were taking out the rouges with ease. I went and helped a few struggling warriors but other than that, we seemed to be doing fine.

I saw Ty running towards me, his mouth covered with blood as proof of his victories. He bowed slightly as he neared me and lowered his ears as he stood up straight.

“Alpha, we need to find their leader. We need to kill him so these rouges can back off and to get Blake.” He said in the mind link. I growled- my only response to the thought of someone wanting to kill my mate.