Lost

I've never been to a public airport before. I grew up in a military family, so it's always been cargo hops from place to place. I've never traveled, except for missions when I was still active. I finally get my stuff and leave the security sector, heading over to the duty free shops. I buy the things I need, then try to find my gate, but get hopelessly lost. I can tell because I keep seeing signs for 'employees only'. I sigh and pout slightly. "You're a troublemaker, aren't you?" I hear a familiar, soft, deep voice say. "Hello, Agent Collins." I say, turning to see him smiling down at me. "I'm lost" he chuckles. "Yea. I know" I roll my eyes slightly. "I'm actually off duty for the rest of the day, maybe.. You want someone to come with you? To Arlington" he says, and I tense. "Actually... a friend would be nice. Just to.. You know... be there" I say, and he nods. "I'll be that friend, then" he smiles, and I laugh weakly. "What's your gate number, we can go together" I pull out my ticket. "Umm.. 22" I say. "Ahh, you're actually not far off" he takes my hand in his and I blush slightly. "You took a right too early. It's this one" he says, turning me with him. "This flight doesn't leave for a bit. Let's get some food" I takes me to the small pizza place across from the gate, where I pass a marine in his uniform. I recognize the patch and smile. "I know him. Hey, Michealson!" I shout, and he turns to me. "Stanton!" He says, coming towards me. "I heard about Jameson. I'm sorry, hun" he says, and I nod somberly. "It's alright, we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later.. I just wish it could have been later.." I say, and he pulls me into a hug. Agent Collins pulls a face and looks away. "Hey, you're getting food?" Michealson asks, and I nod. "Yea, we're waiting for the flight." Agent Collins says, and I nod. "What was it you wanted, Agent Collins?" I ask, gesturing to the menu. "Call me Misha. I was just going to get a cheese." He says, and I nod. "I can live with that." I say, and we head in. "Are you sure you want me to call you by your first name?" I ask, and he nods. "If we're friends, we'll use our first names." He says, going to the counter and putting in our order. I watch him silently, tracing his features with my eyes. "You good there?" He asks, and I nod. "Yea" I say, following him to a table. "If I'm calling you Misha, you should call me AJ" I say, and he smiles. "That's unusual, what is it short for?" He asks, and I smile "Anne-Joelle." I say and he nods. "Beautiful name" I look away and hear someone scoff. "Really, AJ?! A TSA agent?!" I look behind Misha and see my ex. "David.."