Best Friends are Therapists

Eckhart rubs small circles on my back as I cry, pulling me closer by my shoulders. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks, and I sit up, staring straight ahead. "It's guy stuff, Eckhart.." I say, and he chuckles. "I don't care. Just talk to me" I sigh. "My friend, Misha, and I.. we kissed. I was emotional, and he made the move. He seemed to think that we were a thing.. but I like this guy, Kyle. He's handsome and funny, and he asked me to dinner tonight. I told Misha, and he seemed a little ticked off, but I didn't think anything of it until he asked me if I liked Kyle. I told him I didn't know and he got pissed, brought up the kiss, wouldn't let me get a word in, then called me Miss Stanton and left" I say, and Eckhart nods. "Well, he seems like kind of a pansy. What's he do?" I smile. "Misha is a tsa agent" I say, and Eckhart nods. "I was right" I chuckle again. "Stop, hes really nice" I say. "And Kyle? What's he do?" Eckhart asks me as I stand and go to the kitchen. "Hes a cop" Eckhart smiles. "Cops are good. But who do you like?" He asks, and I stop. "Ahh. Theres the real reason you're crying. You don't know who to like" I turn to him, deadpanned. "You're right.." He smiles cockily. "I know. So how are you gonna solve this?" I glare at him slightly, then sigh. "I have no idea, Eckhart." I say, and he tilts his head. "Are you sure? I think you do, but you don't know you do" Now it's my turn to tilt my head. "Nevermind about that, now. As your best friend, I am here to cheer you up. Therefore, if I know you as well as I think I know you, we have three options. We can go shopping, shooting, or to the movies." He says, and I smile. "I have a secret fourth option" I say, and he nods, gesturing for me to say it. "We could do all three" I say, and he coughs. "You think I have that much money?!" He says incredulously, and I shake my head. "No, hun. You're broke. But I do. My severence was huge, considering my position and occupation" I say, and he sighs. "I know I shouldn't let you pay for it, but you're right" he says. "I'd never ask you to pay for it, all I need is your company and opinion on clothes" I say, and he chuckles. "Well alright then. Lets get going!" He dramatically turns toward my front door and marches over to it, opening it and bowing almost at a 90° angle. "My ladyship. Thy carriage awaits thee!" He says, and I stand straight, sauntering out of the door. "Thank you, my good sir" he goes and opens the passenger door for me and I sit down. He takes the wheel and we head out to the mall, my mood having lifted slightly.