New Neighbors

Misha took me to his house first, a little two bedroom in a little cul-de-sac. "This place is awesome. We're surrounded by civil servants and police officers, so everybody's safe" he says, and I nod. "Good thing the army gave me a house here" I say, and Misha looks to me. "Seriously?" He asks, and I nod. "They put all their spec ops people in neighborhoods like this, it's supposed to help with management of ptsd" I say, and he nods. "Well, I guess you just got lucky you're with me" he says, and I smile. "Yea, I guess I am" he gets out of the car and helps me take out boxes, carrying them to a house near the top of the little court. "We're neighbors, too? This keeps getting better and better" I laugh slightly, putting a box down and turning to see a group of people helping. "Welcome to the neighborhood" one of them says, shaking my hand after putting down the box. I nod, and go back to the trailer. "Soo.. does the army pay for this?" Misha asks, and I shrug. "Kinda. They pay mortgage and utilities, I have to pay for any repairs or installations" I say, and he nods. "That makes sense" I shrug again and take more boxes to the house. "Alright, I think that's it" I say, and the others all introduce themselves. I look at one guy in particular. (Above picture) "Hey. My name's Kyle. Lasseter. I'm the house across the way from you" he says, and I nod. "Nice to meet you. Anne-Joelle Stanton" I say, shaking his hand. "I work down at the 2 4 downtown" he says, and I nod. "Police, I see" I say, and he chuckles. "Here, since your new, I'll recommend a security system. Mine is by a company called..." I zone out, watching him speak, taking in the lines and curves of his face. I nod when he finishes, and smile. "Yes, I'll look into that one. Thanks" I say, and he smiles back. "Course. I'll see you around?" He asks, watching me slightly hopefully. I nod again, my smile widening. "Yea" His smile widens as well, and he turns to leave. "Hey, how about we look at that system together? I'm sure you could get a military discount, but I might be able to take it down a bit more" he says, turning back to me. "Uhh, sure. Yea, thanks. You probably know more about it than I do" he smiles again and leaves. The rest introduce themselves and leave in turns, and I go to the stairs and sit on the steps. "You good?" Misha asks, and I nod, looking to him. "I'm good. Think you can help me find my sleeping bags? They're in one of these boxes" I say, and he shakes his head. "Nope, you're gonna spend the night with me. I have a guest room across from mine" he says, and I nod. "Thanks"