The Night Before

I stand out on the balcony, watching the town underneath me. I take out my phone again, looking at that picture. "You know it's okay to cry. I've witnessed it once already" Misha says from behind me. I turn to him and smile. "If I cry again, I'll break my promise to him." I say, and Misha tilts his head. "We both knew this was eventually going to happen to one of us. So we promised eachother we'd only cry twice. Once when we find out, and once at the funeral. I cried when I found out, and cried at the airport. I'm out of cards. I'd rather keep a promise to my best friend than let my feelings out." I say, and Misha nods. "I understand." I smile at him and go over to my suitcase. "It's kind of late. I'm going to change real quick" I say, grabbing my pajamas. I go into the bathroom and change into them, smiling at my nerdiness. "Star wars" I mumble. I get ready to leave and open the door, bumping into Misha and falling. I close my eyes, preparing for impact, but it never happens. I open my eyes to see Misha holding me close, one arm wrapped around my waist, the other against the doorframe, balancing us. He looks down at me and gives me a devilish smirk. My heart skips a beat and my breath hitches in my throat. "Sorry, AJ." He says, and I nod. "I-I mean... It's fine.." I stutter out, and his smirk turns into a smile. "Alright." He says, letting me go so I can steady myself. "Thank you" I say, and he nods, going into the bathroom. I go over to the bed I put my stuff next to, claiming it as mine, and lay down. I close my eyes, quickly falling asleep, but not before seeing Misha standing in front of me, pulling a shirt over his head.