The Fight

I smiled up at Kyle as he watches the laptop intently, trying to figure out why the website keeps glitching. I look down at the screen and sigh. "Hang on a sec, I think I know whats wrong" I say, and step towards the laptop. As soon as I'm within an inch of the thing, it starts to smoke. "Oh, jesus!" Kyle shouts, and he picks it up, tossing it into the sink and turning on the water. "Welp.. there goes my security system" I say, and Kyle chuckles slightly. "It was overheating, I think the move did it in" he says, and I nod. "Probably" I say. "Since I'm here, do you need help unpacking?" I look around at the boxes. "Not really. I dont have a lot of stuff. Mostly just clothes, books and.. My, uh, my friend's stuff" I say, and Kyle's smile drops. "You.. You dont have a, uh.." I look up quickly. "No! No, I don't. Aaron.. he, um.. he died" I say, and Kyle's eyes widen. "Oh.. I'm sorry. I didn't know" he says, and I nod. "It's ok, Kyle" I say. "Do you think you could help me find the nearest donation center?" Kyle nods. "Of course. Do you, uh.. need a minute?" He asks, and I nod. "I'll be at my place" he says, and I nod. He leaves, closing the door as quietly as possible as I go over to one of the boxes full of Aaron's stuff. I open it and sift through it, separating things into 'keep' and 'donate' piles. The 'keep' pile staying quite small. I keep all of the framed pictures of us togehter, and a couple of his shirts and his favorite zip-up hoodie. I toss the rest into boxes and slip the hoodie on, going over to Kyle's and knocking on the door. "He got called out. I'll help you" Misha says from behind me, and I nod. "Thanks" I say, and he nods his acknowledgment. We go back to my house and Misha picks up a box as I do the same, putting them into the trunk of my car. "Aj.. Do you like Kyle?" Misha asks, and I look away. "I'm not sure yet.." I say, and he looks to me. "What about the hotel? Huh?" He asks, turning to me, eyes narrowed and hard. "Misha.. the-uh.." I sigh and his eyes widen. "Did it not mean anything?" He asks, and I look up. "Mi-" he interrupts me with a glare. "Don't, Ms. Stanton" he says, and my eyes widen. I watch him walk back to his house and look away. I feel tears prick my eyes and quickly go back into my house. I hear a knock on the door and see one of my old unit members. "Hey Eckhart" I say. "Aj.. have you been crying?" He asks, and I nod, holding my arms out like a child. He hugs me tightly, lifting me up and bringing me to the living room. He sets me on the floor and sits next to me, pulling me into his side and letting me cry into his shoulder.