Barbecues and Phone Numbers

I stand and Misha takes my hand in his, leading me out of the house and smiling. I follow him about ten feet and he walks up to his door, taking me inside. I follow him some more and he sits me in his living room. "I'll get you some dinner?" He asks, and I look to him. "You don't have to, I don't really feel like-" he cuts me off by rounding the corner with an apron on, pointing at me with a wooden spoon. "You need to eat" he says, and I nod, laughing slightly. We both hear a knock at the door and Misha goes to open it. "Hey! We're having a barbecue at my house to celebrate, well her! Hey, hun" one of the neighbor's sees me and smiles. "Are you sure? I'm not really that special" I say, and he shakes his head, waving his hand. "You're alright, you're alright. We do this for all the new neighbors" he says, and I look to Misha, who nods. "Uhh, yea, we'll be right down" I say, and he smiles. "See you two there" he says, and leaves. "Misha, I'll be right back." I say, and he nods. "I was just about to do the same thing" he says, and I smile, laughing. "See you there" I say, going over to my house and opening my suitcase of clothes. I put on a nice dress and strappy brown wedges to match. I head back to Misha's and see him in a blue button down with tan shorts and brown loafers. I smile at his dad-like style and he does the same. "Misha, you look like someone's dad" I say, and he fakes offense. "Ouch. Well, kill them with kindness, they say. You look great" I act as if I've been shot, and slightly fall over. At least, I tried to. Because of my lack of skill while wearing heels of any sort, I actually fall. I brace myself for the impact and hit something hard, not the ground. I open my eyes and look down to see strong arms around me, and Misha glaring at someone. I look up and see Kyle, and he smiles down at me. "Hey there" he says, and I smile. He lifts me up slightly and I push myself the rest of the way off his chest. "Thank you" I say, and he waves it off. "You're going to the barbecue?" He asks, and I nod. "I was just about to ask about that." He says, and Misha steps forward. "We should get going, AJ. We don't want to be late" he says, and I nod. "Thanks for the help, again" I say, and he nods. Misha and I start walking, then Kyle joins us. We reach the place and the owner of the house lets us in and we socialize like usual. Kyle approaches me and we talk and laugh. "Could I get your number?" He asks, and I nod. "Yea. Got a pen?" I ask, and he takes one out of his pocket. I take the pen and take his hand, writing my number on his wrist. He smiles down at me and I smile back. After more talking and some eating, I head back to Misha's with him and he helps me get settled in the guest room. "Thanks, Misha. For letting me stay with you" he shakes his head as he adjusts his side of the sheet we're putting on the bed. "It's no issue. I'd rather have you here than on that cold floor" I smile and he leaves after saying goodnight. I settle into the bed and smile, thinking about how much Aaron would have loved this, then slowly begin to fall asleep.