Chapter 2 - Revelations

Friday, 11th July, 1986

The Ritz, London

The first gig in Wembley went on quite well, the boys were relaxed on and off stage as well, knowing only the second night will be filmed completely. Well, this was also filmed, but only as a test for the following night. Though almost everything was fine on stage, only Brian had some tuning problems with his beloved Red Special during Who Wants To Live Forever, gods were not so merciful that night. In the middle of the gig the light drizzle became a downpour and at one point Freddie put a plastic bag onto his head. We all laughed out loud in the Dolls House seeing Mr Mercury walking around on stage with his new "crown" the same majestic way as he always does with the other one. As Roger said afterwards, he was only sorry about all those people soaking in that rain - the boys didn't become really wet, only if they stepped to the front areas of the stage. Wind poured rain from behind them so the boys were more or less protected by the stage itself, which meant audience got it all front wise. But they were persistent and enthusiastic, Freddie even thanked this to them at the end of the show. "Thank you for being so special tonight, and putting up with the rain - and putting up with us." he said.

It was late night when Roger and Dominique stepped out of the bedroom and closed the door gently.

-Finally we could put Felix into bed. - Roger sighed.

-Yes, he is way too excited to see you again. - Dominique added as they sat down to the couch in the living room - And, how are you?

-Oh, are you really interested?

-I'm just trying to have a chat, Roger. You know, like two adult people, in a civilized way.

-Oh, sorry. - Roger sighed and sent her a light smile - Fine. The tour's going well, though we all start to be tired. But tomorrow's the big one, so we're quite excited. And you?

-We're OK. - she smiled back. They were just sitting there for long moments in complete silence, not saying anything.

-Sooo...- finally Dominique spoke up - there are still a couple of things we should discuss.

-I know. - Roger sighed again.

-So, have you decided?

-I told you, it's the best if you stay in Surrey for a while. After the tour I think I go immediately to Montreux, so you can stay there undisturbed. I believe it's the best for Felix, I don't wanna tear him out of his usual environment. At least until it's not necessary. I'll stay in Montreux till the end of the year, so you'll have time to figure out which house you rather want to use.

-Yes...But I think I rather buy a new one in London.

-Why? There's the Kensington apartment.

-Which you're using when you're in town. And it isn't big enough for the two kids.

-Yeah, that's also right...then go on the project. - Roger sighed again -Just let me know what you need.

-OK, thanks. - Dominique thought for a long moment. She still wasn't sure if she should ask the following question, but then she made up her mind - Roger, I've been thinking...what if we sit down and try to figure out the right way we can continue?

-For God's sake, we had this conversation before, so many times. - Roger stood up and lit a ciggie - We tried, but didn't work at all. We decided to break up, we're separated, there's nothing more to be said and done about it.

-Yes, but...the kids, you know. - she raised her worried eyes on him.

-I'll always be there for them, I told you. But I don't want to talk about this right now.