Chapter 28 - It's A Hard Life

Wednesday, 6th August, 1986

The Ritz, Marbella, Spain

Roger was really enthusiastic about my birthday gifts, he totally and completely spoiled me. His eyes were glowing more and more every single time he pulled out another present from various places and all I could see on his angel baby face was pure joy and happiness, seeing my reaction to all those wonderful things. By the end, there were piles of gorgeous clothes and dresses, a more gorgeous new Omega wristwatch and of course more jewelry, including a beautiful bracelet and a pair of earrings matching my pearl necklace he gave me earlier...he really was generous, but it didn't matter for him, because all he wanted is to see my smile and me being happy. Not that these were the things made me happy, of course it felt good, but my biggest birthday gift was Roger himself. After that emotional roller-coaster that night in Madrid, we were closer and happier than ever together.

Yesterday's last gig in Spain, Marbella was originally intended to close the tour, but Knebworth was added, so we all decided to spend these couple days off there, having a bit of relax. It was a late show, finishing around 1:30 am, which means it was already in the morning when we finally managed to go to bed, so it was in the afternoon when we all showed up by the pool one by one. The whole Tour Bus Gang was around, except Freddie and his household, because he decided to go back to London immediately after the show. We will fly back only on Saturday - we could go back with Freddie if we wanted to, but I think it's quite understandable if we all thought to have some days off in Marbella, because we all loved that place so much.

After that huge argument in Madrid the boys were being as normal and usual with each other as always. I was pretty much wondering about it, that they could communicate as if nothing has happened, but Roger explained to me that they always used to have huge fights. But in the end, it's the same old four people and these fights just help them to overcome the difficulties - the good thing that they still can face each other and talk about something else and sort of get over it. Or as John added "Arguments are healthy. They clear the air." Or as Freddie said: "It's just four cocks fighting. Whose bigger, you know."

And really, when I woke up that afternoon lying face down on a deck chair because I fell asleep at one point having sunbathe, Roger was having a chat with John in the most natural way, like old buddies.

-No, I think I'll take Lyv for a short holiday or something. Then I want to go to Montreux to work on the new stuff. - Roger outlined his after-the-tour plans to John.

-What do you do to me? - I sighed and opened my sleepy eyes.

-What I'm gonna do to you Lyv, is not really public. - he sent me his wide smile, joking, then caressed my hair - Good morning Princess, did you sleep well?

-Aham. - I moaned on my after waking up kitten voice - I'm thirsty.

-Oh, my kitten is thirsty. - he lent down to place a light kiss on my forehead as I unpacked myself and turned around. Roger then placed his beer can into my hand - Here babe, drink this.

-Thank you babe. - I took a huge sip of his beer, then gave it back to him, only to reach out my arms again.

-Yes Princess, what else may I serve you? - he smiled, leaning down to me again.

-Yourself. I want my Roggie baby. - I put my arms around him and buried my face into his neck. Roger laughed out as he sat beside me to my deck chair, pulled me into his arms and I made myself comfortable in his lap. Holding me tight now he sent a light kiss to my temple, then to my lips.

-You know I hate this name, Lyv. - he smiled - Roggie sounds so stupid.

-So does Lyv but I'm not complaining. - I kissed his neck now. I closed my eyes again, enjoying him holding me, the kisses he sent to my forehead or lips...this is exactly what we always used to do after waking up, being in each other's arms, kissing, caressing and only enjoying the moment.