Chapter 24 - Happy Birthday, Rog babe

A/N: Sorry, this chapter will be a bit long, but I didn't want to divide it 😀

Saturday, 26th July, 1986

Hotel Intercontinental, Budapest, Hungary

-So? Are you ready? Can we go? - Roger opened the door of the suite, stepping in with a huge smile. He just went out to have a word with Freddie...an hour ago. I was sitting in the lounge with my itinerary, taking some notes in it. Hearing he arrived back I looked up, but actually seeing him I couldn't help myself to stare.

-You mustn't be serious. - finally I moaned - You must be fuckin' kidding to me.

-Why, I think it's a marvelous cover, innit? - he smiled, seemingly being extraordinary proud of himself.

-Rog, you look like... - I haven't even found the words how ridiculous he looked like in that wig and baseball cap - you look like a well-fed...what's the right word? Like a well-fed preschooler.

-I don't get it. - he took off the cap and that ridiculous, long brown wig.

-Of course you don't, I'm sorry, I suppose this doesn't exist in English. Uhmmm, you look so idiot smiling in these things - I pointed to the cap and wig in his hands - as a 3 year old can smile stupidly when they're full of food.

-My son never smiled stupidly when he was full of food at the age of three. - he mumbled.

-That's why you don't get it. - I smiled, taking away those things of his hand. - And what exactly was that plan of yours with these?

-Going out, babe. - he laughed - I told you yesterday, everyone's going out, I also wanna go out for a walk with you.

-Aham, I see. - I looked at him like he was crazy - Okay birthday boy, you get what you want, but only this time.

-I always get what I want babe. - he pulled my body into his by my waist.

-Okay, I wasn't precise, not completely what you want. No wig Rog, only cap. - I threw away that damned ridiculous wig, placing the cap onto his head. Roger though, was sending me that idiot smile again, being really proud of himself.

-What ya' thinking of? - he asked, having a sip of his beer. After for about two hours of walking, but mainly shopping we decided to have a quick lunch and some refreshments. For him it was a huge glass of beer, but for me, knowing how much we still have ahead on that day, only some orange juice.

-Nothing. - I looked at him dreamingly, fiddling with the pearl of my necklace.

-Lyv, don't lie to me. I know this look of yours. What's going on in that pretty head of yours?

-Nothing, really. - I looked at him again with a huge smile. I still couldn't get used to the sight of Roger in that baseball cap, but at least his Ray Bans gave some familiar feeling. - I was just...admiring the view...thinking about you. Things like this. And how damned lucky I am.

-Does it have anything to do with how badly you slept last night? - he took another sip of the drink.

-Why, did I sleep badly?

-Aham. - he put a bite of food into his mouth - Tossing and turning whole night. This has never happened before since we are together.

-I'm sorry. - I mumbled, looking away to the wonderful river, still fiddling with my necklace.

-Mmmm, this thing is pretty good, you should taste it. - after moments of silence he spoke up, taking another bite - How's this called?

-Chicken paprikash. And no thank you, this salad was way too enough for me.