chapter six

Izzy's POV

Ever since we got home I just couldn't fall asleep. I was to excited. Too happy. I decided to go out for a walk, even though it was 4:00 A.M.

I opened the door to my room as quietly as possible and tried to open the front door but Two-bit was in the living room watching a movie.

"Why are you up so late? And where do you think you're going?" Two-bit said.

"I can't sleep. I was gonna go on a walk or somethin' and watch the stars." I said.

"You can't go out at this time of night. But there's a ladder leanin' on the side of the house, so you can get up to the roof. You can see the stars real good from there." He said.

"Alright. Thanks Two."

I walked out the door and pretended like I was going up to the roof, but in reality I was still going on my walk. I wanted to explore this town.

I walked for about ten minutes when I found a park with a swing set, monkey bars, and a fountain. I decided to swing for a bit.

I got on the swings and after about ten minutes I saw a car circling the park. I knew it was sketchy as soon as I saw it. Who drives around the east side at 4 in the morning?

I kept swinging nonetheless. I knew how fight. My mom taught me how to defend myself when I was ten. I also got in a couple fights at school. Some people just try to test me. It doesn't end well for them.

The car stopped moving and a guy from the passenger seat hops out. I could tell he was drunk.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? A new greaser in town?" He said.

I didn't respond.

"A quiet one, are ya? We can help with that."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Name's Randy. Bob's in the car. What about you greaser?" He said.

"Isabelle."

"Why don't you come down from the swings? Let's have a chat." Randy said.

I got off the swings, not knowing what they were going to do.

"Ha, dumb greaser." Bob said, still sitting in the car.

Suddenly, Randy came up to me and grabbed both my arms, trying to pull me to the car. I started to scream, so he slapped me and shoved his hand in my mouth. So I bit down. Hard.

Randy screamed and yelped and cursed in pain, while his hand started to bleed.

The other one jumped out of the car and punched me in the stomach, which hurt extremely badly but I got up anyways. I kicked him in the crotch and he fell down in pain.

"Fuck you!" He screamed.

At this point, Randy was coming back towards me. He tried to punch me but I ducked just in time and punched him instead. He stumbled, so I pushed him onto the ground. Now both of them were in extreme pain on the ground, so I started to jog back to Two-bit's.

"Wait up!" I heard someone yell.

I turned around and I can see someone on the opposite side of the park walking my way.

Soon I realized it's Dallas.

"Dallas? What are you doing out so late?" I asked him.

"I could say the same to you." Dallas said.

"Wanted to go on a walk." I said.

"Some walk."

"Oh, you saw that?" I said, laughing.

"Hell yeah I did. Never seen a girl beat up one Soc, let alone two. I don't even think some of the gang coulda done that." He said smiling.

"Yeah, my mom taught me how to fight. I used to do a little bit of boxing, not so much anymore." I said.

"Well, you've earned my respect now, Miss Priss. Keep it that way." Dallas said, winking.

"Bye Dallas." I said.

"Call me Dally." He said, and we both smiled at each other.

I like him. I know I shouldn't, but how could I not? He was so mysterious, yet attractive. But Sodapop. I have never met someone like him. I really did like him too. I have to choose. I can't lead both of them on, I feel too guilty.

I started walking home when I saw Two-bit sitting on the front porch. Shit.

As soon as Two-bit saw me, he looked so relieved.

"Oh my God Izzy. You can't just go out on some midnight walk like that. You had me scared to death. You could have been snatched by some Soc. You really need to stay safe around here." Two-bit said.

I decided not to tell him about the incident.

"I'm really sorry Two. I just couldn't stay cooped up." I said.

"It's okay. Just don't do it again. But, I know you will. So if you do, bring either a friend or a switchblade with you." He said.

"Okay."

Then, I went inside and immediately fell asleep.

☽☽☽☽☽

When I woke up, it was half past 9. I wanted to sleep in some more, but I just couldn't.

I walked to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Two-bit was still asleep.

I made eggs and bacon with toast, and just after I had finished Two-bit was awake.

"What's all this?" He said.

"Decided to make some breakfast. And I'm real sorry about last night." I said.

"It's okay. We just gotta get you a switchblade or somethin'." Two-bit said.

"Are there any malls or stores 'round here?" I asked him.

"Yeah there's a strip mall a little ways away. We'd have to drive. I can take you in a couple hours."

"Okay, but for now, let's eat!" I yelled.

"Jesus, Izzy. I forgot how loud you are." He said, laughing at me.

"Must run in the family." I said, and we both laughed.

;;;;;

will izzy end up with dally? i kind of hope so to be honest. that'd be so cute. kinda makes me wanna start writing a dallas fanfic ;) love u all lots xoxo