chapter fifteen

Izzy's POV

"Don't wanna hear it." I said.

"I know you don't." Soda said, sitting down.

"Woah, woah, woah. You think you can just come in here after pulling a stunt like that?" Two-bit said.

"Can I talk to you, Two-bit? Outside, or something?" Soda asked.

"Whatever." Two said, and they both stood up and left. I was laying across the couch on top of Dallas. Soda noticed too. I could tell he'd been crying. He looked terrible to be honest.

Sodapop's POV

Two-bit and I went on a walk around the block.

"It's gonna take a lot for you to change my mind about you bein' an asshole." Two-bit said.

"I didn't mean to kiss her." I said. I really didn't.

"Oh, so you just stumbled and your lips just so happened to touch for 30 seconds?" Two-bit asked, clearly irritated.

"Sandy pulled me by the shirt. Literally. She grabbed my shirt and started kissing me. I backed away, but the boulder was behind me. She forced herself onto me." I said.

"Okay." Two-bit clearly didn't want to believe my story.

"Listen Two-bit, I don't know what's going to change your mind. But I do know one thing. I would never intentionally hurt Izzy. She's the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. And I love her. Not sure if she loves me, but I really do love her. I would take a bullet for that girl, and I don't want Sandy ruining that. I love her, Two-bit." At this point, I was crying.

"Wow. I believe you. I can tell you love her. Go back to the house and tell her that." Two-bit said.

We walked back to the house and walked in.

"Izzy, I know you don't want to talk, but please. Can we go outside for just five minutes?" I asked.

"Five minutes starts now." She said, standing up.

Two-bit's POV

Izzy and Soda had just left.

"Sandy forced herself onto him." I said.

"I figured. I can tell he likes her." Darry said.

"Loves."

Izzy's POV

Soda and I started our walk in complete silence.

"You're wasting the five minutes." I said. Soda didn't say anything. I looked over at him, and he was crying.

"Soda?"

"Izzy, I know you probably hate me now. I would hate me too. But after I left the lake I went to the park and I wrote you this." Soda said, handing me a piece of paper.

It said:

ultimately i don't understand a thing

i try and do the best i can

i know you try to do the same

we're just so bound to make mistakes

you could call it a disposition

i apologize for all the tears

i wish i could be different

but i'm still growing up,

into the one you can call your love.

i don't know if i'll ever be enough.

and ultimately i believe we'll be okay