chapter twenty

Izzy's POV

I woke up again to someone in the bathroom. I still didn't know where I was. And, it was still dark outside.

The bathroom door opened and I turned over to see who it was.

"Soda?" I whispered. He smiled and nodded.

I jumped out of the bed and ran over to him and gave him the biggest hug ever. I jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around him. My arms were around his neck and my head was buried in his chest.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you so much more." I said. He tried to deny it but I cut him off by kissing him.

"I thought I had lost you." Soda said.

"I thought you hated me." I whispered.

"I never did. When Sandy told me-"

"Sandy?"

"Yeah, she's the one who.. uh, told me." Soda said, and I stared at him with my eyes wide.

"And you believed her?" I said, trying not to cry.

"I don't know what came over me. But, I know one thing. I love you Isabelle Conley. I would do anything for you. I would take a bullet for you. I really thought I had lost you. I can't imagine what I would do without you by my side. I love you more than I can even put into words."

"I love you, ultimately, Sodapop Patrick Curtis."

We crawled into the bed and fell asleep in each other's arms.

---

When I woke up, Soda was playing with my hair. He didn't know I was awake, but I didn't mind. I just kept my eyes closed while he attempted to braid my hair.

"Uptown girl, she's been living in her uptown world." Soda sang to himself. It was so adorable.

"She'll see I'm not so tough, just because I'm in love with an uptown girl." I sang with him.

His face got all red because he knew I'd caught him singing.

"You're real cute, you know that Curtis?" I said.

"I'm not cute, I'm tuff." Soda said.

"Soda, that song describes you perfectly." I said, laughing at him.

We both got up and went into the kitchen. Ponyboy and Darry were making breakfast and Johnny was asleep on the couch.

"Morning Johnnycakes!" I yelled.

Johnny opened his eyes and gave me a little death stare. I couldn't take him seriously though, he was too precious.

The rest of the gang came over and we all ate breakfast together

"What are we doing today?" I asked.