chapter thirty one

Izzy's POV

After Soda and I's date, we went home and I spent the night.

The next morning, I woke up and went to school. I took that Thursday off to go on the date, and told Two-bit to tell the teachers I was sick. But now, it was Friday, and I wasn't trying to have anymore make-up work.

Soda woke me up at 6:30 and made me breakfast. He was such a sweetheart. He dropped me off at school and I kissed him goodbye.

It was almost Christmas. This was my last day of school until Christmas break. Then I would have two and a half weeks off school. I really didn't feel like going to school, but I had three tests to take, so I couldn't miss it.

My day was boring as per usual, and after school I went to the DX. Soda and Steve were there joking around when I walked in.

"Hey guys!" I said.

"Pizza!" Steve yelled.

"Stevie!"

"How was school?" Soda asked.

"Boring. Got my semester grades though." I said, holding the piece of paper with all my grades on it up.

"Let's see them!" Steve yelled.

I opened the envelope they were in and pulled out my grades. Soda snatched the paper out of my hands and read it.

"Holy shit!" Soda yelled.

"Let me see!" Steve screamed, and took it from Soda.

"Am I gonna see them anytime soon?" I asked.

"What the hell?!" Steve screamed.

This time I snatched the paper from Steve.

history: 98

calculus: 99

biology: 97

literature: 98

writing & creative arts: 99

I smiled. I hated school, but I did try to get good grades and study. At least the hard work paid off.

"How did you do that?" Steve said, his jaw dropped.

"Paid attention in class and studied." I said, winking at him.

"You're so smart!" Soda yelped.

"Thanks, babe." I said.

"We should celebrate!" Steve said.

"You just want an excuse to go out." I said, chuckling.

"True." Steve mouthed, so that Soda wouldn't see.

"I need to show Two-bit!" I said, and ran out. I ran all the way back to my house. I rushed into the door and Two-bit was on the couch.

"Look, Tutu!" I yelled, shoving the paper in his face.

Two-bit observed the piece of paper.

"How the hell did you do that?!" Two-bit said.

"It's called paying attention. Maybe you should try it sometime." I said, laughing.

"Whatever. Good job though. I didn't realize how smart you were."

"Don't underestimate me." I said, jokingly tossing my hair behind my shoulder.

"Yeah, well, my grades were okay." Two-bit said.

"Let me see." I said, and he handed me his paper.