chapter twenty six

Izzy's POV

The rest of the week dragged on. I didn't see Curly Sheppard at all, which was weird cause I thought he was in a couple of my classes. Everyday after school I went to the DX to hang out with Soda, an then I would walk to the park and hang with Dallas.

It was Friday and Soda and I were going on a date at 7. I was hanging out with Dallas when I realized the time.

"Shit, Dallas. What time is it?"

Dallas looked down at the watch he had stolen a few moments ago. "6:32."

"Crap, I have to get home."

"Where ya going?" He asked.

"Soda and I are going on a date and I have to get ready." I said, frantically.

"Come here." Dallas said, bending down.

"What?"

"I'll give you a piggyback ride."

"Dallas, please." I said.

"I'm waiting."

"Fine."

I got on Dallas' back and he ran all the way to Two-bit's house in three minutes.

"I'm impressed." I said.

He came inside and helped me decide on what to wear.

"Do I wear this, this, or this?" I said, holding up three different outfits.

"That." He said, pointing to a sundress I had.

I went into the bathroom, changed, and freshened up. When I came out, it was 6:54.

"Do I look like I just was given a piggyback ride for a half a mile?"

"Not at all." Dallas said, which made me blush.

"Thanks Dal Pal." I said, kissing him on the cheek.

I went outside and waited for Soda to come pick me up.

He drove up in Darry's truck and opened the car door for me.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome. You look nice." He said, and I kissed him.

We drove to the little hippie restaurant he took me on our first date.

"Aw, Soda. Remember our first date here?" I said.

"I remember it like it was yesterday." He said, smiling.

He hopped out of the car and opened the door for me.

We walked in, and they sat us at an outdoor table. It was so cute. There were vines all over the place with fairy lights above us.

"I seriously love this place so much."

"I know you do."

We spent the evening talking for hours. I could talk to Soda forever if I wanted to. He was so dreamy.

Since it was Friday, there was a movie playing at the drive in. It started at 10:30, but we got there at 11.

It was a pretty cheesy movie, so Soda and I just laughed and made fun of it the whole time.

At one point I went to go grab some popcorn inside. I walked in and saw a group of Socs and a group of greasers arguing. Obviously, I wasn't going to join in, so I just tried to get out of their way.

I went up to the register and gave the cashier a few cents for some popcorn. As I turned around to leave, I looked up and saw Curly Sheppard.

At first he didn't see me, so I hurriedly walked out. But just as I had left, I heard him call for me.