chapter eight

Izzy's POV

I can't believe I just told Pony and Soda my story. Two-bit already knew, but it was hard to have to bring those thoughts back into my head after I thought I had left them behind.

Soda gave me a hug after I told them and told me I deserved the world. I really am falling for this boy.

We finished eating and decided where we were going to go next.

"I want to go to the music store." I said.

"Me too!" said Soda.

"I wanna go to the book store!" Ponyboy said.

"Soda and Izzy, you two go to the music store. I'll take Pony to the bookstore. Meet ya in an hour?" Two-bit said.

"Okay!" I said, and Soda and I made our way the music store.

When we walked in I was in awe. This was the biggest store I had ever seen. Thousands of CDs everywhere. Pure utopia.

I love music. Always have, ever since I was a baby. My mom used to play Billy Joel for me when I was a toddler. I grew up on The Rolling Stones. All we did in our house was listen to music.

"You like music?" Soda asked me.

"I love it." I said.

"I can tell. What's your favorite band?"

"Rolling Stones."

"That's tuff."

"Huh?" I asked.

"What?" Soda said.

"What is tuff?" I said.

"Oh, uh, it's like, when something's cool or sharp." Soda said.

"Hm. Tuff." I said.

Then Soda started laughing at me.

"What did I do? Did my period start or something?" I said, laughing.

"No, gross." Soda pretended to throw up. Guys really can't handle the thought of bleeding for a week.

"So why were you laughing?" I asked him.

"What you just did. It was real cute. After I told you what tuff meant you just said it over and over." He said, smiling.

"I did?" I didn't remember saying it more than once.

"Yeah. You're too pure to be hanging with us greasers. You'd probably be a Soc if it weren't for Two-bit." Soda said. I got kind of offended, because I didn't want to be associated with a Soc.

"I am not a Soc. I'm not mean or rude or egotistical." I said through my teeth.

"Oh, uh, sorry. I didn't mean it in that way. You're not mean at all. You ought to be one of the nicest girls I know." He said.

"Thanks Sodapop." I said, and I could feel my face turn red.

I walked around the store for a solid half hour just looking at all the music covers and records. This place was pure heaven. Soda came up behind me and scared me.

"Hey Izzy can I-"

"SHIT!" I yelled.

"Izzy! Don't yell! People are looking!" Soda said, laughing.

"Fu- Sorry. You scared the shit out of me!" I said. He wasn't wrong about people looking. Half the store was staring at me and a bunch of moms were just glaring. Oops.

"Anyways can I ask you something?" Soda said.

"Ask anything." I said.

"So I know we just met yesterday, and I still haven't really broken up with Sandy yet, but, um.."

"Yes, Soda. I would love to go on a date with you." I finished for him.

"Really?" His face lit up.

"Of course." I said, and I kissed his cheek. His face got all red. It was adorable.

We walked around the store for another 20 minutes or so and went to the bookstore to meet up with Two-bit and Ponyboy.

"Thank God you guys are here. I am so bored. I don't know how Ponyboy finds anything remotely interesting in here." Two-bit said.

"Well Two-bit, I think you ought to start reading some books. I see those notes you got up on the fridge. You can't even use the correct 'to' and 'too'. Maybe you should take reading as a hobby." I said, laughing at him. Soda was laughing too.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Two said.

Ponyboy bought himself a book and we all walked back to the car to go home.

"Izzy, I wanna see everything you got. All the clothes and stuff." Sodapop said.

"You wanna come over? I can show you." I asked.

"Sounds good to me. Pony you wanna come too?" Soda said.

"Yeah, sure. Me and Two-bit can watch Mickey while you two go have your lovey dovey time." Pony said, which made Two-bit laugh.

"Watch it Ponyboy." I said sarcastically.

When we got to the house Soda and I went to my room.

I showed Soda everything.

I got a leather jacket, a denim skirt, a leather skirt, a Rolling Stones shirt, a pair of light-wash Levi's shorts, a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt, and one more graphic tee. It was a surprise for Soda.

"What do you mean a surprise?" He said.

"I don't know, I just thought of you when I saw it." I said.

Then, I showed him. It was a cute little t-shirt with the Pepsi logo on it.

"Oh God." Soda said, laughing.

"PEPSI COLA!" I screamed, before laughing so hard I fell onto the floor.

"I love it." Soda said.

"I'm glad." I said.

After that me and Soda just sat on my bed for awhile looking out the window. We didn't talk, we just watched. Every now and then Soda would turn and look at me, and I would pretend I didn't see him. I am falling so hard for this boy.

;;;;;

y'all should definitely listen to the song attached to this chapter !!! sorry these past two chapters have been trash. but i'm gonna try and add some drama next chapter to spruce things up. hope you all enjoyed. love u all lots xoxo