Chapter 15

For @ofmiceandwhet4

Last night was hell. It was the orphanage all over again. I had another panic attack, but I should be getting used to this...

A tear almost escaped my eye, but I quickly waited away before it could scroll down my cheeks. Daddy would never let this happen to me.

That why he isn't your 'daddy' anymore.

I got out of bed and noticed a sore feeling in my lower body, but I ignored it.

I walked into the kitchen when I saw the man at the table.

"I never did catch your name." I said.

"It is Rob. Rob Carlile."

"Well Rob if you didn't know I am Lilith and I am 16 years old. I never celebrate my birthday and just to say, it was yesterday."

"Well happy belated birthday Lilith."

"Thank you Rob."

"Would you like breakfast?"

"Actually I was wondering if I could get a job around here. Do you know any place that would hire me?"

"Yeah. My buddy has a restaurant close by that needs someone to work as a waitress. It's within walking distance from here and school so you don't need to worry about rides."

"Thank you so much, I would really like the money." I said.

Wednesday went by in a blur. I just sat in my room all day drawing and listening to music. Soon enough the moon was out and not a word came out of Rob, my grandfather, until I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in."

"You start school tomorrow. Tell no one about our little deal or I'll make sure you regret it."

"No problem." I said. fear building up on the inside.

He started to come closer to my bed. "what are you drawing?"

"Tatttoos that I want." I replied with fear stricken in my voice.

"If you do well this week with our deal, I'll have a friend of mine tattoo you. On me."

"Of course."

Be strong. He can not get to you.

"Take off your shirt."

[A/N: I was sexually assaulted when I was ten and this is my ultimate fear. I don't feel comfortable writing the actual assault, please respect that.]

*** the next morning ***

I woke up with aching pain on my hips. I go to the bathroom and see lightly bruised handprints on my sides. It was from last night... I hope these go away soon.

I checked the time. 5:15. I walk into the living room to see my grandfather passed out on the couch.

"Hey Rob?"

"Hmm?"

"Um- I don't know my way to school... Can I get a ride for the morning? I'll find my way back after school."

"Yeah I guess" he said with a huff.

"Thank you. Do you want me to make breakfast?"

"Eggs. With coffee. " Rob demanded.

"Okay. What time does school start?"

"7:45, I'll drop you off at 7:20 so you have time to look for your classes."

"Thank you. Do you by change have any hair shaver thingys?" I asked. I have the strange urge to shave the side of my head.

Rob sighes. "Under the sink in the bathroom. Clean up all the hair."