Chapter 7

Hello all you wonderful readers, I luckily found some time today to write a new update for you. Don't get too excited because it also comes with the warning that the next two weeks I'll be studying for, and taking, my finals so it's unlikely that I'll be posting for this story in the meantime. Unlikely, but not impossible :) 

Anyways, I  now have a plan for the rest of this story, so when I have time, the updates will keep on coming. Happy reading!!!

*Sang*

Note to self: walking with your head down is a great way to run into walls.

Follow-up note to self: running into walls freaking hurts!

"We have to stop meeting like this," the familiar dumbly voice fills me with inexplicable relief. North. North was the thing I'd run into that I thought was a wall, which, to be fair, was not that much of a stretch considering the solidness of his form.

Reluctantly dragging my eyes up to meet his, I'm surprised to find him smiling at me, a full smile that alleviates some of the harsh broodiness of his face. Crudsicles, there's a dimple. That's just not fair, I mentally whine before literally shaking those kind of thoughts right out of my brain.

"Sorry," I whisper, since actual speaking for me right now equates to either sounding like a life long chain smoker or losing my voice altogether.

Despite my near normal response, the smile on his face immediately fals into a frown and I mourn the loss of that winking dimple. "What's wrong with you?" North growls at me, and I'm surprised the sound doesn't send me running for the hills, quite the contrary in fact. I'm almost tempted to growl right back at him, even though I'd undoubtedly sound more like a disgruntled puppy than the ferocious junkyard dog he emulates. Instead of embarrassing myself that way, I let out a giggle at his actions, thankfully the damage to my throat keeps the sound somewhat masculine.

The way his eyes light subtly at my reaction fascinates and confuses me all at once, reminding me of the others' expressions when I smiled. Boys are weird. Remembering he asked a question, albeit a kind of rude one, I decide to answer truthfully.

"All kinds of things," I rasp on a laugh, because honestly there are many things wrong with me, with my life, things that I hope he never discovers.

Apparently, North was not satisfied with my vague answer, even though his question was just as ill-defined, and his eyes narrow in my direction. He opens his mouth, likely to needle more information out of me, but the voice that comes out does not belong to the wall-like man in front of me.

"Now, now, Northy Poo, it's far too early in the day for you to already be glaring and knocking people over in the halls." The joking voice belong to none other than the Abercrombie model look alike who comes to a stop next to me and tosses an arm casually over my shoulder as he grins at his brother.

His words, however, only cause North's glare to intensify in his direction and he looks ready to do more than knock Luke over. "Don't call me that," he grits out.

Luke feigns hur, dramatically throwing a hand to his heart. "What? Can I not call you brother? But, but, Northy Poo you're all I have," Luke simpers and I have to stifle laughter at how riled up "Northy Poo" is getting, but I have a feeling my amusement would not be well received right this instant.

Lunging forward, North wraps an arm around Luke's neck and tugs him into a head lock meanwhile their momentum sends me reeling backwards. I'm mentally preparing to meet the hard laminate tile when I crash into another wall, one that smells like the ocean and I immediately relax knowing it's Silas that has me now, even if my torso is screaming at me from jarring my side.