Chapter 41

So apparently when I uploaded this chapter two weeks ago, I forgot to hit the publish button...oops :) Anyways I hope you still like it (and me)...Happy Reading!!

*Owen*

"Hey, motherfucker, be fucking careful with that fucking box!"

"Say fuck again, Gabe."

"Fuck you, Luke."

"No thanks, you're not my type."

I watch the look of absolute horror overtake Gabriel's features at the mere insinuation that he could ever see Luke that way. Matching looks of disgust show on Nathan and Kota's faces, watching the sparring match in much the same manner as I am.

"What the fuck, Luke? That's not even fucking funny!"

"What? I thought you liked blondes." He shrugs as if this is a normal conversation to be had between family, but I catch the gleam of "up-to-no-good" in his eyes.

A strange sound comes from Gabriel, his expression less horrified and more amused, obviously realizing he's been had. "No. I like Sang, and nobody else. Ever."

Luke looks around and then smirks. "What if you have kids? Are you not gonna like them?"

"What the fuck ever, of course I'll like them, anything that comes from Sang will be fucking perfect and you know it." Even I'm surprised by the immediacy of his response, and the absolute surety in his voice. Apparently Sang, who I hadn't noticed had appeared beside me at some point, looks shocked.

This proves to be too much for Luke and Nathan, who collapse into hysterics while Kota and I share a look that clearly says yes, these idiots are our chosen family and there's no return policy. Gabe, however looks baffled as he has yet to notice our newest arrival.

"What is so fucking funny? I know that's a ways off but you can't tell me you've never fucking thought about i–ah fuck! Trouble, beautiful, w–when did you get here? Hi." I do believe that his blush is darker than hers for once, although she is quite red.

"Um...hi," she squeaks and Gabriel takes a moment to glare at the others, specifically the two still wiping tears from their eyes.

"How, uh, how much of that did you hear?" It's obvious he's embarrassed, but I can sense a trickle of worry that talk of the future and how much we really see ourselves with her forever might scare her off.

Then, as usual, she surprises me. Her smirk is almost as devious as Luke on his best day. "I like you too, Meanie."

Rather than let his embarrassment linger, Gabriel instead sends her a lascivious wink while the other two laugh before returning to the plethora of boxes stacked against the far wall. His look means no good, so I seize the opportunity to steal her attention.

"Are you ready to go, Dove?" I ask her, deciding that this conversation will likely only spiral further if I let it go on much longer, delighting in the way her eyes light up at the endearment.

"I'll go put my shoes on and then we can go," she whispers to the room before doing just that.

The second she's out of ear shot, Gabriel starts to pout. "I still say it's fucking unfair that you get to traipse around the mall for Christmas presents and I get stuck unpacking all days with these fucktards."

I've heard this same argument a dozen times in the past few days, from the very moment Sean had called us to see who still needed to go gift shopping. I had been the last one left, although the rest tried to weasel their way in once it was shared that Sang needed a shopping partner. Gabriel was the most vocal about wanting to go but he had determined this his day to unpack. I wasn't sure when to tell him that the only person holding him to that was him.