Chapter 36

Hey guys, long time no apologize :) Finally finished this part, and hopefully will have the next up within two weeks...Happy Reading!

*Sang*

I slowly take in all of the faces around the table, all the varying expressions.

Luke looks confused.

Kota, Victor and Owen seem to be having a light bulb type moment.

Sean looks like he's moments away from busting a gut.

Gabriel is mildly horrified.

Nathan hasn't blinked in a while.

Silas, as always, is relaxed, leaning back into his seat with a slight smile on his lips.

North on the other hand, is glaring daggers at Phil the way fathers in movies stare down their daughters boyfriend while holding onto a shotgun.

Uncle looks bored.

Poor Phil looks like he'd rather be literally anywhere else.

I finally understand why we have such a massive kitchen table. At least if we're going to have an awkward family conversation, everyone gets a seat at the table.

"You boys going to say something, or are we just gonna stare into each other's eyes all night?" Uncle's dry voice breaks the long silence and I can't help but giggle, which makes him smile.

Phil sighs. "John, please don't egg them on, they're just surprised is all."

"Well..." Kota starts, only to pause when all eyes fall on him. "It's not exactly all that surprising when you think about it." I see Owen and Victor nod in agreement while the others look surprised.

Nathan slowly raises his hand, and Kota sighs. "Yes, Nathan?"

"Uh, I'm surprised. Care to share with the class your evidence, oh wise one?" Luke snickers from beside me and I let loose a sigh of relief that the two of them aren't staring into space anymore.

Kota rolls his eyes at them. "Well, for one, neither of them have dated in the past 18 years yet they spend time almost every day together. Two,

Silas speaks, aiming his question at the older men at the table. "That annual camping trip you guys go on, I assume this is why were aren't allowed to go?"

Phil's cheeks go slightly pink, but Uncle smiles. He seems to be enjoying this. "Anniversary trip, we camp for the week and then spend the weekend at a resort on the beach somewhere."

Luke gasps. "You guys don't have top-secret Academy meetings every Friday night, do you?"

Uncle starts to laugh while Phil shakes his head. "No, Luke. That, uh, that would be date night."

In response, Luke drags his hand through his hair with big eyes. "I always thought you guys were getting all the cool confidential missions that we weren't allowed to do."

That makes his uncle and some of the others crack up. "Well if it makes you feel any better, we did go see Mission Impossible once," he jokes and Luke looks even more outraged.

"You were supposed to see that with me!"

I finally lose the fight with the giggles, and lean my face into Sean's shoulder to muffle the sound. His own shoulders start to shake as he tries to shush me, but it's no use. Everyone else slowly starts to join in, until the only ones still quiet are Luke and North. The first because he still seems outraged that Uncle went to that movie without him, and North has yet to speak at all since we walked in on the makeout session over an hour ago.