Chapter 10

So apparently I have a thing for late night updates this week. It's not quite on time, but I'm just glad it's done. Hope you enjoy this, I certainly did :)

Happy reading!!!

*Sang*

"Shaw."

"Psst, Shaw."

"Shaaaaawww."

"Shaw, Shaw, Shaw, Shaw, Shaw."

"Dude, I don't think he's listening to us."

"No fucking shit, Luke."

"Don't take that tone with me, young man."

"What? You sound like a fucking old lady when you say stuff like that."

"What's wrong with that? I like old ladies, they always have candy."

"Dude, that's...you know what I'm not even fucking going there with you."

"Don't hate on old ladies, Gabe."

"I'm not hating, wait, how did we even get onto this fucking subject?"

"You told me I sounded like an old lady."

"Oh yeah, what-the-fuck-ever, you did."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did too."

"Did not, wait!"

"Ha! Got you!"

"Shut the fuck up."

"You shut up."

"What are you, two?"

"So now I'm a two year old? Thought I was an old lady. Make up your mind, Gabe."

"I don't even fucking remember what we were doing anymore."

"We were trying to talk to Shaw, but he's ignoring us, and then you called me an old lady."

"Dude, let it go already."

"And a two year old."

"Oh my fucking god."

"Just saying."

"Kota, tell Luke to shut up."

"I think you should both shut up."

"Fucking ouch, man."

"That hurts my feelings, Kota."

"Sorry, Luke."

"I don't think you mean that."

"That's because I don't"

"Fuck, that was cold, man."

"Will you guys be quiet?"

"Will you give me chocolate?"

"No."

"Then no."

"Gentleman, if I'm not interrupting, I'd like to continue my lecture now."

Kota, Luke, and Gabriel all snap their heads to Ms. Johnson where she stands at the front of the room, hands on her generous hips as she glares at them. I nearly cry in relief for the reprieve from their banter and prodding at me for answers and attention I'm too afraid to give them.

If they had gone on any longer, I would have given into the laughter I was holding back at their silliness, or worse, I would have answered their silent questions. Why haven't I spoke to them in days? Why won't I sit with them at lunch anymore? Why won't you look at me? Why won't you smile, or laugh, or cry, or do...anything that will show us you're still in there somewhere? Why, Shaw? Why, why, why, why, why?