Chapter 11

Would you look at that? An update a week from the last one? Amazing! This one is for @RIKKA777 whose messages made my day yesterday and who asked so nicely for an update on this story :) Happy reading!!!

*Sang*

Oh my god, make it stop.

The sudden silence at the table has me raising my head from gazing at the floor, and I see all the guys holding in barely restrained laughter.

"Excuse me?" I turn to see the raven haired girl still standing there, apparently having not taken my consistent silence these past few weeks as an indication that I wasn't...interested.

Ever since I'd stopped sitting with the guys at lunch and in class, the school's queen bee had decided that I was to be her next victim. In the halls, she'd brush up against me in what I assume was meant to be a seductive manner, but really all she succeeded in showing me was her wide variety of lace push-up bras. Today's selection was bright pink, and it only caught my attention because I envied her for being allowed to wear such a pretty, girly undergarment when my own breast were bound tightly with bandages.

I'd studied the material too obviously, I suppose, because the next thing I knew it was far too close to my face and Jade's pursuit of me amped up in intensity. Never before had I wished so much to speak, if only to tell her to go shove her chest in someone else's face, someone whose own breasts weren't a size bigger than her own.

"Do you have any idea how many guys would kill to have me even sneeze in their direction?" Oh, right, the breast saleswoman was talking.

I hear a snort from across the table, and an outraged shriek from Jade tells me that my private thoughts might not have been so...private. Oops.

"I am not a breast saleswoman! I'm not a hooker!"

There's another snort from across the table, and I know it was Gabriel when I hear him whisper, "could've fooled me."

Jade shrieks again, and I barely refrain from covering my ears to protect them from the overly loud noise, knowing that likely wouldn't go over well. Some of the other guys don't seem to have that worry.

I twist my body to face her, regretting the move when my ribs twinge, and I mouth "sorry" to her, which brings back her creepy, simpering smile.

"Oh, that's okay, Shawey. I know you're shy, so to have someone like me show you any attention is probably overwhelming," she says in a faux sympathetic tone before leaning towards my ear. "I like the quiet ones. You're all total freaks in the bedroom."

I can't help the cringe this time, moving away from the hot breath on my ear and grimacing at the thought of the words "Jade" and "bedroom" in the same sentence. She doesn't see that though, already falling back into her seduction routine that's more off-putting than usual.

"So, what do you say? My place after school?"

"No thanks." The words fly out of my mouth in a horrible scratch before they even register in my brain, but the eruption of laughter from around me is almost worth the embarrassment.

I've never seen someone so outraged as Jade huffs and puffs and turns red just like that fairy tale I'd read in the library once. I would feel bad for being rude, but this girl has no concept of personal space or dignity, proven when she steps towards me for the last time.

"You'll regret that, you prick! You're too skinny for me anyways, eat a fucking sandwich!" With those brilliant, yet surprisingly hurtful words, she spins around, fast enough to purposefully flash her ugly underwear, before stomping off hopefully for the last time.