♕ T H R E E ♕

CHAPTER 3: IT’S HIM

            “MICKAELAA, YOU’LL BE LATE! GET UP!”

            “I’M UP! I’M UP!” Oh my goodness, I totally forgot I have school today!  It’s my first day in this new school and I’m going to arrive late, absolutely a great first impression.  I checked my phone, 7 am.  Okay, I still have 30 minutes.  You can do this, Mick.

            I rushed to take a shower and picked out what I’m wearing for the day, a “Ramones” shirt, slightly oversized, a pair of black leggings, a nice flannel to just compliment things a bit and a pair of boots, comfy.  I matched it with a maroon beanie too and a wrist watch and just applied powder and mascara.  Stylish yet classy, I applauded myself.  I checked my watch 7:30.  I ran down the stairs and to the kitchen.  I grabbed a breakfast bar and kissed everyone goodbye and headed out.

            I began walking to the direction my mom told me.  I reached the bus stop, but to make things worse, the bus was already leaving.  This is probably the worst way to start the day. Frustrated, I decided to walk since I’m already running late.  It was a good 5 block walk which caused me 20 minutes.

            I reached school at around 7:55 and went straight to the office to get my schedule and my locker number, which I got no choice since I need that schedule and majority of my things are placed inside that locker.

            “You must be Ms. Adams.  It’s  nice to meet you!” I was greeted by a lady maybe mid 30’s.

            “Uh Hi, Is this where I’m going to get my schedule and locker code or anything?” I ask trying not to sound stupid.

            “Ahh yes, here you go” she handed me a piece of paper which includes everything I need to know. “You’ll find your locker by this side and at the near end of the hall.” She pointed to her right.

            “Thanks, but where can I find the room for first period?” then I heard the school bell rang.

            “Just go straight, turn left, then a right, you’ll see a sign that says ‘History’ on the door. You might want to hurry, Sweetie, that’s the second bell, you’re already late. Have fun on your first day,” she said while I started to walk away.

            “Thank you so much,” I shouted back and began running to my locker to get a couple of books.

            I ran as fast as I can to the direction she told me for first period, but ended up going the other way.  So I had to go back, which was a good 5 minutes.  I finally reached the room and opened the door slowly.  I got a lot of weird glares by doing that. I was a panting mess, too. I got my composure back and stood up straight.

            “Sorry, I’m late! Is this History?” I asked the professor who was staring at me.

            “You must be Ms. Adams. Yes, this is History class.  You must be the new student we we’re expecting.  You can have a seat in front of Toby.”  He pointed me to the direction where I should sit.  I followed his finger then I saw him, HIM.  The boy who lives across our house, the boy you waved back at me, the boy I stared at.  I was snapped out of my dazed by Mr. White shouting.

            “Toby, raise your hand” and he did, cute name for a cute boy. “You can sit there Ms. Adams but before that, would you mind introducing yourself to the class?” he asked politely.

            “Uhh, n-no problem” I stuttered. I took a deep breath and just went along with it. “I’m Mickaela Adams, that’s Mick-Kay-La, since mostly people thought it was “Mika-ehla”.  Anyway, you can call me, Mick.  I moved from Vancouver to Orlando.” Once I finished I was asked to sit.