♕ T E N ♕

CHAPTER 10: PICTURE PERFECT

MICK                                                                                

          Toby was sitting on my bed while I picked out an outfit.  Paul invited me out for dinner for the fifth time this week. Yes, you heard that right, fifth time!

            “How does this look?” I said to Toby.

            “Mick, you look wonderful in everything, you’ve been bugging me with those clothes and shoes for the past 2 hours.  If Paul really likes you he’ll be standing there smiling, seeing how lovely you look,” He said as he placed his headphones on.

            “You really think so?” I said.

            “Nah, I take that back,” he said

            “I hate you so much,” I said frustrated.

            “I was joking! Eh, but you love me anyway,” he said giggling.

            “Ha. Ha. Better feel lucky McDonough. Now help me pick out what to wear,” I said dragging him out to my closet.

            He eyed everything, from dresses to shoes. He motioned for me to turn around so it would be a surprise.  I heard him shuffle with the clothes neatly hanged and shoes placed accordingly below.  I felt him backed away and tapped my shoulder and I turned around.  He was holding a cropped top with the words ‘Baller’ written on it, black ripped skinny jeans and my maroon Dr. Martens.

            “You like it?” he said waiting for my response. I didn’t speak for a moment. I was looking at the clothes he picked out. Man, can I hire him to be my personal stylist.

            “Like it?” I said trying to sound as serious as possible. His face was priceless, he looked so disappointed and I was on the verge of laughter by then.

            “I loved it! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!” I said hugging him. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t breathing because I can assure you, that was one tight hug.

            “Now get dressed already!” he said pushing me back.

            I went straight to my bathroom and changed. I walked out of the bathroom to see Toby going through my phone. I didn’t bother to reprimand him, besides, the only thing he will see are photos and games. I walked to my table and did my make-up. I decided that foundation and mascara will do. I tied my hair into a high ponytail and that was it.

            “How do I look?” I said twirling.

            “Very gorgeous!” he said laughing.

            “You’re laughing…” I said.

            “Yes, I am, but you really are gorgeous.” As he said that, the doorbell rang.

            “Would you mind getting that? My mom’s busy,” I said to him.

            “Will do.  If it’s Paul?” he said.

            “Let him in, obviously,” I said laughing and he did the same.

            I grabbed my phone and wallet and went to my mom’s room to say good bye.