♕ T H I R T E E N ♕

CHAPTER 13: TRUTH

MICKAELA

            Sunday morning, Toby said we’ll go out since the other losers were still asleep.  I wanted this day to be just the two of us because of what happened last night.  What the text message was the real answer to what I’ve been feeling.  Maybe, just maybe, these past few months that I have been feeling all excited, never wanting to be away from him, I’ll finally have the answer.  Well, I hope so we were never really good at keeping stuff from each other.  Almost every now and then he would come up to me and ask me what I think about this or that.  Most people mistake us for being a couple but truth-be-told, we are definitely not.

            I got up from the couch hearing Toby was ready to go.

            “Ready?” he said holding out his hand for me to grab.

            “Ready,” as I replied I dragged him out.

            We we’re walking to the park as he wanted but I suggested that we’d but something to eat for breakfast first before he goes goofing around.  He said that we should take the car out because he was craving chipotle and so am I.  I got in and sat in the front seat while he drove.

            The car ride was a bit too quiet unlike before, so I decided to bring something up.

            “I’m fine now,” I blurted out.

            “That’s so great to hear but I’m pretty sure you’re not,” he said grinning at me.

            “I am! Don’t be so negative,” I said laughing.

            We reached Chipotle and got our food, it was so easy to order food through apps.  We talked and drove around town for a couple of hours, before we finally decided to head to the park.

            We sat in silence just watching little kids play -around and bicker who would go on the slide first.  We were having a great laugh about how he would run up to those kids and join in the bickering just to see of who wins or cries.  I told him I found it kind of mean but entertaining to watch.  I was laughing until a group of friends came over there were 4 girls and 3 guys.  I found it kind of odd how and why they approached us.  Toby stood up and I did the same.

            “We need your help,” the dude in the blue shirt said.

“Prom I believe,” Toby answered.

“How’d you know?” the girl in pink answered.  Toby was about to answer her but I decided to nudge him because I have no clue who they were.  His eyes grew wide but realized what I was talking about.  He introduced me to them and I learned who they were.  Shannon, Kate, Mary, Lana, the girl in pink. I turned to the left and the boys did the same, they were Ronnie, Lance and Dallas the blue shirted dude.  I learned how they we’re going to ask Dallas’ girlfriend out to prom and they want Toby and me to be in that ‘promposal’, I happily agreed and they left.

Hearing that prom is coming up, I remembered what I actually had in mind this morning.  Asking Toby what his text meant.  We sat back down as he sang random songs while I tag along.

“Hey, I want to ask you something…” I said.

            “Lem’me hear it,” he said sitting straight as I grabbed my phone out.  I scrolled through my inbox until I phone mine and Paige’s conversation stream and I let him read the message.

            ‘Just so you know… if your best friend isn’t your girlfriend… you’re doing it all wrong McDunna   ;) ‘

            His eyes grew wide while I waited for an answer, he finally drove out of his daze while I just sat there waiting for his answer.  He took my phone away from me and held it between his hands.

“It doesn’t matter what that meant I was asking Paige some advice because to be completely honest, I like a girl from school. Plus, it doesn’t matter who she is you’ll find out soon. M’kay?” he said poking my cheek.

I nodded and simply sat there quietly waiting for the sunset to come before we drove back home.  It took at least 2 hours of bribing Toby to tell me who the girl is but it was no use.  I sort of slapped him on the face accidentally when the Sun was fading away revealing a blue-violet-orange hue tainted sky.  I sat there waiting for it to fade.

“I thought he does but he doesn’t,” I muttered to myself.

“Were you saying something?” Toby asked, I simply shook my head and asked him to head back home.

We drove silently by means of silent, hearing him saying ‘sorry’ all the way home.  I laughed at his silliness but I sound so subtle at this time. I don’t know but I feel upset that Toby actually said he liked someone at school.  ‘Mickaela, are you mad? Are you seriously feeling that way?’ I subconsciously ask myself sounding stupid.  I shook the thoughts away realizing that I’m home.  I got out of the car heading to my front door, yelling ‘good night loser’ to Toby along the way.

I prepped myself to go to bed. I got a text from Toby which said he won’t be picking me up tomorrow because from some reason he won’t tell.  So I decided to text Connor and he happily obliged to take me to school.

‘I like a girl from school.’

Help me get through this.

***********************

Sorry for not updating for 3 months.  I'm being completely honest, I have been very busy. Plus, i really haven't been in my writing mood these past few months.  So right now I've decided that i'd possibly to a double update because I am still writing chapter 14.  I'm really really sorry, forgive me :( I love you guys.

but still please do, VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.

-Tish xx