Under your spell {A Vampire Romance} [#1]

Original Publish Date: 1/29/2009

 I worked the route; taking drinks to the people on the raised platform of the club where the couches and coffee tables were. It was more like a lounge on that raised platform than anything else – in my opinion. Yeah, I was a waitress/barmaid/whatever you want to call it.

 I made a round to one of the particularly shadowed tables to replace some drinks, and found vampires sitting together sucking each others faces off in a lip-lock. EW. It wasn’t uncommon to see vampires, much less to see them engaged in some type of sexual act – in a bar anyways. I came across them every night, since this was one of their favorite hangouts, and, come to think of it, my boss was a vampire too. Though she is a very nice vampire.

 Quickly, I turned on my heel and high-tailed it back to the bar to replace their liquid, whatever it may have been. I spared a glance across the dance floor and couldn’t believe how crowded this place was tonight. I sent up a silent prayer that no fights would break out.

 There was an interesting fight that had occurred not too long ago too; maybe a few weeks ago now. A few of our regular vampire patrons came in with a new vamp girl, and while I was occupied and didn’t see what happened in between their entering and the fight, the next thing I knew the new girl and another of our regulars were going at it. The new girl had by far won, and nearly killed the other vampire.

 Of course, I had to be the one to kick them all out and help restrain the new one, because all of the other employees were scared to death of the whole situation. Vampires aren’t exactly known of to the world – they still practice that whole secrecy bit.

 I could spot a vampire anywhere though. I mostly blamed it on my “gifts.” My family had been a long line of witches, believe it or not, and so they passed down some extras that I didn’t exactly appreciate. I could move objects just by thinking about it, and if I touched a certain object, I could see its past. I could control both of those aspects, thankfully, but being able to move things did come in handy when you were feeling lazy, or you were the one who had to do the remainder of the cleaning and the locking-up of the bar.

 So, yeah, they stood out a lot among humans for me, somehow I could just sense what they were. Maybe it was just some witchy power I had.

 I brought fresh drinks to the undead couple and hastily stepped away. Since the club-goers were all satisfied at the moment, I took a stool at the bar and set my tray down in front of me. After asking Jeanette for a coke, I turned around and leaned my back against the bar to watch people dance. There were many couples, and I sighed. I never really had much of a love life, always worried that my secret would kind of….leak out and they would runaway. I kept my dating to a minimum.

 I looked towards the door as I heard more people entering, and oh what luck! It was the group of vampires that had started the fight a few weeks ago – minus two members. The one that had been new at the time though, she looked a lot more powerful and slightly like she was worrying about something. The group made their way towards the raised platform, and I noticed a new person travelling with their group.

 He was tall – as tall as Sebastian, one of the vampires that was missing – and he looked just gorgeous. He had long, silvery hair that went down to his nice butt, and his face was all details; looking like he was carved by gods. I shook my head, thinking how ridiculous I was being, and picked up my tray.

 They settled a few couches away from the vampire couple I had just served – who were still at it, by the way! – And all looked quite grim. I took a deep breath and marched right up to their table, plastering a small smile on my face to be polite.