Under your spell {A Vampire Romance} [#7]

Original Publish Date: 2/18/2009

 I had given Lucian more than he bargained for. I shouldn’t have done it, but I had gotten caught up in him. I couldn’t have hated him more at the moment. Unfortunately, Ariella dragged me into a room with a bunch of vampires, including Seilauna, Sebastian, Hunter, and a few others I didn’t quite recognize. She planted me firmly in an arm chair and perched on the arm of Hunter’s recliner, which was right next to me.

 Lucian walked in, his face set in stone. He spared a glance at me, and then sat on the opposite side of the room. I shook my head in amazement and looked up when Seilauna stood.

 “We haven’t gotten any closer to finding a cure, and the hunters have obviously become more of a problem than we feared. They are now hunting humans that we are with. My guess to that is they want to rid of any potential vampires.” Seilauna gestured to me when she mentioned them hunting humans, and smiled. I smiled back, hoping it looked cheerful and not sad. “As most of you know, it is mandatory that we find a cure, not only in case it spreads more, but because my mate is at risk and thus so am I.” She continued and I found I was completely lost.

 Seilauna amazed me though. Everything about her – her air, her stature, and her movements – practically overflowed with a type of strength and endless capability. She reminded meof a warrior almost. Someone raised their hand and Seilauna nodded, then sat once again next to Sebastian. I just barely caught the look he gave her, and I was in utter shock at how much the cold man I’d seen many a time before could be in love with her; his eyes were utterly filled with it. I looked away, kind of feeling like I was intruding on a personal moment, and caught Lucian looking at me in frustration.

 The vampire that stood bowed courteously to me and I nodded. It seemed I was the only one who didn’t know him. “I am Dacre,” (pronounced Dah-kree) “It seems that the coven but fifty miles from here has taken out a hunter’s base and so their numbers are less than they used to be. Unfortunately, that does not solve our problem. It has been told there is one very close to here, and so we must seek it out and destroy it before they destroy us. Seilauna? What should be our plan?” He asked with respect in his tone, and sat back down. The female vamp I so admired did not rise this time though; she stayed where she was and thought for a moment.

 “I’m not sure I can answer that one as of yet. We still have to find where it is and decide the best approach” Her face was completely crossed with thought. Suddenly Sebastian got really tense and looked like he was struggling against mutating or something. Seilauna was instantly straddling him, making him look into her eyes and uttering soothing words to him that were inaudible to my human ears. After about ten minutes he began relaxing again and she hugged him.

 “We need to go. Sebastian can’t take much more than this.” Seilauna informed, and it wasn’t a “please excuse us” it was more like a “We’re leaving right now and I don’t care what you think.”

 “Of course, my lady.” Dacre bowed to her and the other vampires in the room, excepting Hunter, bowed their heads as Seilauna and Sebastian exited. The room was full of quiet, frustrated vampires and I held myself back from jumping up and leaving. It was pretty tense in here.

 “What’s going on?” I blurted, and instantly regretted it when all eyes were on me. Lucian snorted and got up to leave. Ariella shook her head slowly and sighed.

 “Come on, Honey; we’ve got a lot to talk about.” She got up and walked over to me. I wasn’t quite sure if this was a good thing, but I took her arm and let her lead me to her room.

 “Wow.” I said, as we walked in the door a little bit later. The entire walk from the meeting room to her bedroom had been silent, and awkwardly so. Ariella and Hunter’s room was decorated in pastel pink, champagne, and an extremely light brown. It looked warm and comforting, and kind of reminded me of a banana split.