Under your spell {A Vampire Romance} [Special Valentine's Day Chapter]

Original Publish Date: 2/16/2009

Seilauna and Sebastian

 I walked through the somewhat crowded halls of the coven I now called home. I’d found out more of my past since I’d killed Trace, and I was content with the fact that I may never really completely remember myself. I’d had a sister who’d had a one year old daughter, a younger brother who was still a teenager, and a mother who was single but made up for the lack of a dad with her hair-brained ways and her warm love.

 Sebastian was waiting for me. It just so happened to be Valentine’s Day, and I could tell he had something up his sleeve. Being me though, and the fact that he was still fighting of his deadly disease, I hoped it wasn’t too crazy. I couldn’t handle it if he began to kill people. I may be the head warrior now and high up in the council, but that didn’t mean I wanted to fight.

 I had a surprise of my own for him, but it would have to wait until after whatever he wanted to do for me. I nodded at Charles, the guard that stood outside the door to Sebastian’s cell just in case anything happened, and he smiled at me before unlocking the door. As soon as I stepped inside I looked up at my very tall, very beautiful mate and he grinned at me. “Ok, so you know that I don’t so much like surprises. Don’t make it too big ok? Oh, and Happy Valentine’s Day.”

 “Happy Valentine’s Day,” He replied and reeled me in. Sebastian planted a very long, very passionate kiss on my lips and then pulled back to gaze at me. “If you would follow me, we can be on our way.” He whispered into my ear. I gave him a surprised and quizzical look but he just smiled and tugged me along. I walked with him out the doorway and nodded at Charles again. He winked at me with a sly grin and that really made me scared of what Sebastian’s surprise was. I kept my pace even, though what I really wanted to do was turn back.

 Suddenly we stopped before a door and Sebastian turned to me, his long black hair falling forward as he looked down at me. I swallowed hard and straightened my posture, preparing for anything. “Ok, you have to close your eyes.” He grinned mischievously.

 “What?” I asked, completely taken off guard.

 “My love, I know you heard me. Close your eyes.” Sebastian’s hands framed my face and then his thumbs feathered over my eyelids so I had no choice but to close my eyes.

 “You know I hate this, right?” I asked rhetorically, and I felt his breath exhale in a laugh. It made me smile, despite the fact that I was really scared.

 “It will be alright. Just follow my lead.” He promised, and gave my hand a slight tug to signal that I needed to walk. I began to move my feet even though my entire body was in protest, and I heard the door creak open. Suddenly a waft of air hit me and it smelled deliciously sweet, like vanilla and strawberries and all those sweet, decadent things.

 Sebastian led me just a little further, and then put pressure on my shoulders so I would sit. I did as I was told and sat criss-crossed on the floor. Ok, it wasn’t a floor. It was a bunch of soft pillows. I heard Sebastian sit across from me and I breathed the sweet smell of the room into my lungs, trying to rid myself of all anxiety. “Ok, you can open your eyes.” I heard his smooth voice say and I slowly peeked.

 The room was dark except the tall, thin candles that lay here and there and blazed brightly to reveal our sitting area. Pillows were tossed around comfortably, and a few fluffy blankets were folded up off to the side. In between Sebastian and I (because he sat across from me) were small treats like strawberries and whipped cream or chocolate and candy. It looked so absolutely watering that I almost didn’t notice there were also rose petals tossed around.