03

Immediately, I tensed picking up all my clothes scattered from the ground, I knew I made a grave mistake, being with a demon. It wasn't against the laws but as royalty, it is condemned. It is punishable.

"Don't worry Elena, I don't kiss and tell, especially not with the heir to the throne," Carsir said, smiling. I glared at him, but I was more angry with myself for not realizing who he was. "Hey, don't beat yourself over it. I should've told you once I realized." I pulled on my jeans, throwing my top over me.

"Then why didn't you?" I demanded, hands on hips. Carsir stood up, approaching me. He brushed a strand of hair away from my face.

"And miss the opportunity to taste an Angel? A beautiful one at that, but I've always heard you're kind tastes well Angelic," he explained, a sly look in his eyes. I pushed my dirty thoughts away, my cheeks aflame. My phone rang, but I didn't make a move to get it. Instead, I watched Carsir.

"I think you should go now," I whispered, pursing my lips together. I knew this wasn't right, and as much as my body yearned for his, my mind took over. "Thanks for the ride." Carsir looked disappointed as if he hoped I would let him stay. My phone rang once more. "Fuck!" I picked up.

"What do you want Chase?" I growled. Carsir began picking up his things behind me.

"The Queen is requesting an urgent meeting with you. Now." I sighed, not wanting to go but knowing I couldn't defy my aunt.

"I'll be there," I said defeatedly, pushing my hair behind my ear. Hanging up, I pulled my shoes on, then realized my car was still at the club and that I couldn't drive with my hand in a splint and the other in bandages. I looked to Carsir who was tying his laces silently. I took a deep breath. "Carsir?"

"I'll take you there," he answered before even hearing me out. I nodded tensely, whispering a quiet thanks. I told him the address, but the air was stuffy with awkwardness. There was nothing odd about him that made him seem like a demon, other than his otherworldly beauty. He was able to control his red eyes, but most demons have features that made them stand out. Sometimes it was a blue hue to their skin or purple irises.

But Carsir was different, nothing to easily identify him as one of them. An enemy. demons were painted as evil beings; ugly, selfish, arrogant. Though Carsir seemed the latter, he was neither ugly nor selfish. He was kinder than a stranger would be, but I trusted him oddly enough. Though his kind were our enemies, a tense peace treaty ended our war. Set between my aunt, Queen I bit my lip in thought, maybe he was only half a demon? That would explain it...

"Deep in thought Elena?" he asked, as we got into the car. He was set on the route, the car speeding down the empty late night streets.

"What are you?" I blurted out. He chuckled humorlessly. "You have self-control, meaning that you are no common demon."

"You're just going to have to find out," he replied. I rolled my eyes, noticing the familiar roads. My aunt's house wasn't far from my own, she didn't want me out of her grasp. The last thing she needed was a dead niece, and she took it upon herself to assign soldiers to my doors. I sent them away, and eventually, she gave in. But her house was heavily guarded, men and women standing shoulder to shoulder fencing the home in.

We parked in the driveway, and in the rearview mirror, spotted Chase running to me. I got out of the car, frowning. "Chase, what's going on with Aunt Valeria?"

"That is something she must say herself, but what the fuck happened to your arm?" he demanded, his eyes falling to my cast.

"Christian happened," I answered, but Chase was no longer focused on me but the man standing beside me. Carsir towered over me as his arm snaked around my shoulders.