12

Carsir's POV

Elena looked so goddamn beautiful. The gold in her dress made her look like a shining star, bringing out her warm honey eyes and golden tan skin. The tiara looked like it was meant for her because she was queen.

My girl is a Queen.

As she left the hall, I felt a pang, knowing that just weeks ago I had called her names with a smile on my face. But she sure did hit it right off me, and even through the nasty bruise, I was proud of her. My father followed after her, laying his disgusting hands on her, kissing her. After my rage of jealousy, I struggled to control it, my hands in tight fists by my sides.

"-and I would like to discuss that with the both of you actually. Now." Her captivating eyes caught mine, before she blinked, looking away. She turned on her heel and walked down the corridor and opened the door labeled 'dressing room'. Inside was indeed her dressing room, makeup sprawled everywhere, curling irons and hairspray bottles messily spread around. She gestured for us to sit on the couch but I opted to stand as my father sat.

"Now, what is your idea darling?" My father asked, licking his lips. I gritted my teeth together as she clamped her hands together in front of her.

"I believe the best way to keep our peace is with a union. My hand in marriage in exchange for peace." My head whipped to Elena, eyes wide. She wanted to marry my father? Her gaze stayed on the King, not straying. The smile on his face grew.

"I would never object to marrying someone as beautiful and young as you," he smirked, getting to his feet. He kissed her cheek and grabbed both her hands in his. "We can talk about this soon. Privately." She returned his smile before he left the room. When the door closed behind him, there was a long moment of silence, the only sound her heavy breathing. I stared hard at the ground, my mind not wrapping around the concept of Elena being my step-mother.

"Carsir-"

"You want to marry him? What the fuck?" I snapped. She shook her head and furrowed her brows together.

"I don't want to marry him Carsir! But this was the only way to save my people," she reasoned. "He wouldn't have agreed with it any other way." When I didn't respond she continued. "It was either marrying him or having thousands of people dying." I was angry, I couldn't help it. Jealous that she was going to be my father's and not mine.

"Why didn't you tell me, Elena? How could you just let me find out now?"

"I- I honestly didn't know how to. I couldn't exactly just go up to you and say "by the way, I'm going to be your future step-mom," she said, her voice shaking. She turned away from me and reached around and unzipped her dress, letting it pool around her feet. She reached for her robe and tied it around herself.

"Why couldn't it be me? You could've married me," I protested, watching her unbuckle her heels. She frowned, standing at her real height. She sat beside me and held my hands.

I pulled my hands out of her grasp and looked away. "Think about it Carsir, why would he want me to be with you when he can have me?" I gritted my teeth. "Please don't be mad at me." I shook my head and stood.

"I'm not mad Elena, I just need some time alone," I said. I made my way to the door and opened it, seeing Chase on the other side. I met his eyes but he didn't hold contact for long and looked past my shoulder at Elena.

"Can I come in?" He looked at me again, his face dark in obvious pain. It had been years, but I knew leaving him had broken a piece of him. I walked away, remembering the day I left Chase like it had happened only a few days before.

10 years ago

Chase pressed flirty kisses along my neck, giggling as his lips traced my sensitive skin. I bit my lip, holding back a groan as he tugged on the skin with his teeth but not hard enough to leave a mark. That was rule number one in our relationship; you can't leave any evidence behind. His hand moved down, playing with the hem of my shirt before pulling it up. I stopped him halfway, glancing at my wristwatch.

"Not today Chase, my dad wants me home soon," I whispered. He leaned on his hands which were on either side of me, my back pressed tightly against the wall of the shed in his backyard. This had been our favourite hideout for the last 6 months that we had been together. We would come here to watch movies on his projector, play board games and kiss.

"Your dad is so freaking annoying Cars," he said, rolling his warm brown eyes. I laughed, my heart melting at the sight of his beautiful eyes. I had a thing for brown eyes, they were underappreciated despite being so gorgeous.

"I know," I agreed, pouting my lips. "I don't want to go either." He started kissing my lips again, his tongue sliding in. I moaned, jerking against him I felt myself get hard, bumping into his own erection.

"Then don't," he said between kisses..

"He's gonna kill me!" I exclaimed, pulling back. "Literally." Seeing his disappointed face, I added. "But I wish I could."

"I would do anything for you to stay another five minutes," Chase pleaded, biting his lip. I shook my head and turned my head away.

"Another day," I reasoned.

"You're lucky I love you," he whispered suddenly, pecking my cheek. I stiffened and pushed him off me. His eyes widened. "What happened?"

"N-no! I- uh- I have to go," I stammered, before running off. That same night, I went home and got onto my knees before my dad and begged him to move houses. I begged him to move us far, far away. For one simple reason.

I never wanted to see Chase Deangelo again.

A/N: Just for reference, the writing in italics is a flashback!