Chapter 5

JACK

"Jack," someone yelled startling me as I jump up. I take a look at my surroundings and notice I must of fallen asleep on my desk. 

"Sir it's getting late and I was just wondering if there was anything else you need before I leave." My tall blonde assistant asked holding a folder in her hand.

"No, not at all, you may leave." I replied shuffling through papers. Thank god I didn't drool on any of them.

"Thank you sir." She says before leaving out through the door. Watching her leave reminded me of a friend I haven't see in a while, maybe I should give him a call later.

After a few more hours I finish what I'm currently working on. Then I remember that I was suppose to call someone. But I forgot who.

So I started walking toward the elevator thinking hard to who I'm suppose to call. Once I get in the elevator though I remember and I'm like oh yeah.

Rushing to get out of the elevator I head toward my car and get in. I searched up my contacts on my phone finding the one I haven't talked to in a few weeks. As the phone rings I take a sip of my water.

"Hello," I hear the familiar voice answer.

"Hey Corbyn," I greet smiling at nothing.

"What's up man I haven't talk to you in a while," he replies.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today. So like meet up somewhere?" I ask.

"Yeah sure. Well I'm at the bookstore so meet me here?" He questioned.

"I hate the bookstore though. Why do you even go there again?" I groan into the phone as I start the ignition of the car.

"Your best friend you known since college has insomnia. Remember?" He says with emphasis.

"Oh yeah that's why you read books so much," I remembered that Corbyn telling me he has trouble sleeping at night so he buys and read books constantly. Typically reading only at night.

"Fine but I wanted to just talk and catch up too," I add leaving the parking lot.

"Well we can I know this little cute coffee place." I let out a content sigh, I'm kinda craving coffee not gonna lie.

"Ok I'll meet you at the bookstore."

"I'm already at the bookstore." He responded in a duh tone.

"Ok see you soon." Hanging up the phone to focus on the road ahead.

***

The door chimes as we walked in. The coffee shop was small and cute. It gave me a real hipster feeling from smelling coffee and noticing a bunch of college students fill the place up.

Corbyn and I stand waiting in a line to order. The line is not long but we wait a few minutes. When it finally gets to us Corbyn orders his. Then when I get up toward the barista I order mine.

"I like a small Carmel mocha with extra caramel." Giving her my order while pulling out my wallet.

"Name?" She asks in a monotone voice.

"Jack." I smile but she doesn't acknowledge it. Makes me kinda tick but I ignore it.

"Three dollars and twenty-four cent sir." She glance: up at me while handing her the money.

When she hands me my change I look around and see Corbyn, going to sit down with him.

"This is a nice little coffee place." I compliment.

"Yeah I come here all the time." He smiles leaning his arms on the table.

"So how's the wife," I smirk also putting my arms on the table with my hands propping up my face.

He groans rolling his eyes," I love her a lot Jack. Ok will you stop being like that."

"I didn't say anything mean," I reply holding my hands up in defense.

Corbyn gives me a knowing look as he stares at me. "Ok fine I still don't like her." I chuckle.

"Corbyn." Someone shouts, interrupting our conversation, causing us to turn to see his coffee is ready. He walks off and I turn to stare at the orange vase with an orange flower. Wow. Orange what an interesting color.

"Jack," I hear by name called making me get up as I pass Corbyn going back to our table.

Picking up the coffee and walking back to the table, I stare at the logo and turn it onto the other side. Stopping in front of the table, I gasp as my hand tightens on the cup. How dare they.

"Jack what's wrong," Corbyn asks worriedly. Probably noticing my face start to fume in anger.

"They. Spelt. My. Name. Wrong. How dare they spell it with an h instead of an k. Are they a dumbass." I shout causing people to turn and stare.

"Jack calm down," Corbyn says softly putting an hand on my shoulder but I just jerk my shoulder away from it.

I turn around and walk away. They deserve to pay. How dare they not spell it right, she did it on purpose I can tell how rude she was.

The direction I'm walking in is straight up to the cashier, pass the people in line ignoring some of the things they say.

As I look at the cashier waiting for her to notice me, she turns wide-eyed. "Sir?" She asks.

Lifting my hand with the coffee in it. I try to pour it over her head but a hand stops me. "Jack you're creating a scene, calm down. Count your numbers." Corbyn softly whispers looking me in the eye. I give in to him.

"One, two, three..." I breathe as I say each number.

"Jack go sit down I'll get you some water." He says while I walk toward the table we were sitting at before. Looking at the ground ignoring the looks I was getting.

My breathing has leveled but I can still feel my face being red. I huff, slouching down in my chair crossing my arms. Jack how could you be so stupid. You can't even control yourself. I close my eyes tight, remembering the sudden events that I painfully want to forget.

Opening them back up, from the corner of my eye I feel a stare. Turning to a corner of the coffee shop. I see a beautiful boy with tall gelled up brown hair. With warm brown eyes staring back at me. His face so soft, so innocent. I smile at him as I think.

What a cutie he is.