Chapter 18

ZACH

I sit and read a book at my normal spot in the back of the coffee shop. I sip the coffee reading the book word by word. But I don't understand the words as I started to zone out and think my thoughts.

Lately when I'm reading I've grown uninterested because it's been the same old. The same ole love. It's been rather cliche for my taste and the same old sappy ending. I'm just so tired of it because I understand part of the reality of love.

Everything ain't perfect, actually far from it. Having Jack has helped me understand that. The past few weeks we've been dating it's been great. I've been happier, Jack's been happier and he has controlled his anger more. Which I'm proud of.

But there is still the small obstacles between our love, like the fact Jack has to work more and when he's not working I'm usually working. Plus the petty arguments where I insist on him going to see his family but he refuses to, but I understand why. I also told him a little more about my past and now he insists that I go see my family too. So we agreed not to mention it again.

But that's the reality of love, Hell I could probably write my own book.

I smile at the thought and take another sip of coffee. Hmm maybe I'll just do that, I mean it's something I've been wanting to do I just never really went through with it.

Breaking out of my daze, I close my book and check my phone. No new messages or notifications which isn't a surprise. But it's eight, so I have to up and order Jack's usual.

After I order, I go and sit down knowing, that Kennedy will be lovely and bring it to my table. Well that and it's her break.

"Here, I got your little fireball's coffee," she smiles sitting the coffee down on the table.

"Thank you," I reply as she takes the seat in front of me.

"This job is a pain in my ass," she huffs laying down on the table while I raise a eyebrow and drink my coffee.

"Yeah that's why," I mumble under my breathe.

"Zach," She shrieks and reaches across the table to thump me in my head. I giggle at her childish behavior. "No it is, I've had to work a triple shift twice this week."

"Well why don't you just tell your boss no." I glance over her shoulder to see who entered the door but not Jack. Sad.

"I can't, I need the money. My boyfriend and I are trying to move in together to an actual house." My eyes grow wide.

"Oh," I'm surprised she's already moving in with this so called boyfriend. "well that's great."

"I know," she drones out. "Well I gotta get back to work, tell fireball I said hi." She waves as she leaves. I smile at the cute little nickname she gave him and just as she leaves, Jack enters the door.

Just his presence makes me wanna jump out of my seat and go tackle him with a great big hug. But I just sit and wait not wanting to seem desperate for him, but the reality is I am.

"Hey Lover Boy," he leans down to hug me as I sit in my seat. Then takes the seat that Kennedy was previously sitting in.

"Hi," I didn't think my smile could grow any wider but right now it feels like it did. "Kennedy told me to tell Fireball hi."

He rolls his eyes and looks over to the work area. He glares at Kennedy's back until she turns around and realize Jack's staring at her. She waves at him and he sticks the middle finger at her. Luckily no one else seeing.

"You're so mean," I sit back in my chair and laugh at him.

"But I'm hot," he sassily puts a hand in his hair messing with his curls.

"What does that what have to with anything," I laugh even basically cackling.

"Oh nothing it just need to be said," he smiles a genuine smile. I love it when he does it makes the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

***

Come on Jack you got this," I cheer Jack on as he attempts another trick.

We went on another last minute date. Well if you want to call it that. Jack said he wanted to do some late night skating and I wanted ice cream, so here we are at the skate park and I'm sitting on a bench eating a Twix ice cream bar we got at the drug store nearby.

Which damn this ice cream is my shit, like the caramel and perfect crunch makes me want to moan as I lick some of the caramel off my lips.

Returning my gaze to Jack, I notice he is getting angry but he looks hot though. With his shirt off, dripping in sweat while he has some ear buds in listening to music. But the frustration is still present. He's so close to landing the trick he's just missing it by a little bit.

I watch as he goes down the ramp once more and attempts it again. But this time he misses it big and lands on his ass while his skateboard flies toward me.

"Ugh I'm done with this shit let's go home," he grabs his skateboard and jerks on my hand.

"Calm down, Jack." I try to soften him up he just grumbles. "Here have a Twix, you're not you when you're hungry."

I hear him snort as he turns to look at me as I show him the ice cream. "But that's a Twix."

I didn't know what he meant really, "So?"

"Zach," he tilts his head at me, "the you're not you when you're hungry is for Snickers."

"Oh," I giggle remembering the commercial in my head.

"You're so dumb sometimes," he pulls me in putting his arm around me as we walk.

"I know but you love me anyway."

"Damn right I do."