Chapter 7

JACK

Ding.

I walked out the elevator thinking and smirking to myself. Let the games begin, I thought.

I'm going to find that cute boy I met yesterday. Lover Boy. I know most people would not give a shit about trying to finding a complete stranger. Most people would think that it was just a rejection in the nice way. But I don't.

I wanna find him. There is just something about him that's luring me to him. Like it sounds so cliche but the moment I looked at him I couldn't stop.

I wanted to get to know him. Him. I'm not saying he's the one but I want to date someone, I even want to get married but how you gonna do that if you don't even try?

So as I start my car going to my first destination. The coffee shop. According to Corbyn he goes there every day no matter what. So maybe it will be easy luck and so meant to be. Chuckling to myself, that's a total lie.

Walking into the coffee shop, I check the hours to find out when they close. 9pm, I got an hour. I think about ordering coffee until I see the barista. Yeah totally not, she's a bitch.

So I just walk toward the table where Lover Boy sat yesterday. Sitting down, I think to myself what do I do now?

Tapping my fingers on the table and looking around, I decide to just wait. But I'm so impatient it's so boring. Glancing around, I notice the flowers. They're beautiful, yellow sunflowers. They were her favorite.

She loved those flowers, I use to give them to her every mother's day. Now I can't and I miss that. All I wanted to do was make her proud but I never got to show her what I accomplished. That I did get through my problems, that my issues have gotten better. But now I can't.

I wanna cry just thinking about her but then I remember my sisters. They never talk to me anymore. Or is it I never answer their calls? Where did I go wrong with my family? You know exactly what happened Jack.

"Hey." A soft voice says.

I look up smiling, hoping it to be Zach but disappointed when I see her. The barista. Just staring at her makes me want to throw her under a bus.

"Here," she hands me a caramel frappe sitting across from me. I just give her a glare as she continues to smile. This bitch.

One, two, three, Jack. One, two, three, Jack. I repeat in my head.

"I didn't ask you to sit down," I hiss at her crossing my arms.

"I'm sorry but I spelt your name write this time," she turns the cup to show my name spelt correctly this time. Glancing back up at her to see her give me a nervous smile.

"How did you even spell Jack from?" I sassily say.

"Umm I don't know, it was just a busy day and I just forgot to add a line to finish the k and had a blond moment and I'm sorry." She apologizes. But it sounds so fake.

Looking away to ignore her, my phone beeps and I pull it out receiving a text.

Corbyn: hey

Jack: hi

Corbyn: wrud

Jack: I'm at the coffee shop and this freakin barista is annoying me.

Corbyn: the one from yesterday?

Jack: yes sadly :(

Corbyn: Ok well I gotta go buy don't spill your hot coffee on her.