Chapter 15

ZACH

"Hey," I smiled nervously as I see his surprised face at the door. Taking in his appearance, I notice his laid back outfit. He wears some basketball shorts and a huge T-shirt. His curls in a man bun, that surprisingly looks good on him. Wow he's sexy without even trying.

I came here thinking that maybe we could make up and it wouldn't be so awkward between us. Plus the guilt was killing me that I was kind of was rude to him when he got mad at the party. But I was only trying to put my foot down but I'm too soft.

"Hey Zach," he finally speaks but then just continues to stare at me holding the door rather harshly as he smiles really hard. Too hard, I think.

We just continue staring at each other. Standing here so long makes me wonder did he really invite me. I mean I think I read the text clearly.

I look around everywhere trying to figure out if he's gonna invite me in. I bite my lip feeling his eyes bore into me, it makes me grow nervous.

"Jack, who the hell is at the door." I hear a deep voice yell. I try to look behind him as I catch a glimpse of the brunette man from the party. Oh shit, I probably shouldn't have come way to fuck up their moment Zach. Shut up you're here to fix what's between you and Jack. But in that small glimpse I really notice the strangers face. He's rather beautiful in all honesty.

"Oh it's my friend Lover Boy," Jack smirks at me having a teasing glint in his eyes. I smile at that. At least he's relaxed and using that awful nickname.

"What the fuck does that mean? And are you going to invite him in or are y'all gonna stand there looking at each other like lovesick idiots." The beautiful stranger joked standing over Jack's shoulder.

"Sorry, come in, I made dinner," Jack moves aside scratching the back of his neck that grows red and I walk in looking down with a blush.

I look around as I enter and see the brunette man again. I stare at him for a moment noticing he's tall and masculine but young. His smirk on his face as he stares back at me makes me avert my eyes and look around the room.

Jack's home is rather small and homey. It is very neat and everything put together. It looks like a home out of a magazine which reminds me he did mention he works as an magazine editor so of course he has a nice style.

"So you must be Lover Boy. Whatever that means." The stranger begins and comes closer to me. "I'm Jonah, Jack's friend." He winks as he puts his hand out for me to take.

"Zach," I reply back as I feel my face heat up under his gaze. He's so superior looking he makes me feel small.

"So Jonah and I already ate but I'll heat you some up," Jack speaks going into another room. I look at Jonah and he is already following Jack. So I follow close behind them.

"You can have a seat," Jack offers as we appear in his kitchen.

"I made cookies since you always forget the cookies," I mention, nervously laughing while holding the plate of cookies up toward Jack.

The truth is I made those cookies because my emotions have been out of wack. I've been feeling depressed so I bake. It just soothes me and I become calm.

"Thank you," Jack smiles and laughs getting the joke then taking the cookies from me. He goes to the kitchen while I sit at the table.

"So how you become friends with Jack," Jonah asks sitting across from me. I see him trace his fingers on his neck.

"Oh umm, we met at a coffee shop and just kinda started talking," I explain looking back at Jonah.

Jonah nods and turns to the side a little continuing to trace the side of his neck. I notice a mark, a faint mark I can barely see, it looks like a scar. I wonder where he got a scar like that.

"So you and Jack dating yet?" He bluntly asks as I'm taken by surprised.

"No," I mumble as I look down again.

"Well you should, y'all would look great together. Or I might have to swoop in and take Jack from ya." He teases and winks at me. I put on a small grin as I nod at him. He's mine though so sorry.

"Here's your plate," Jack puts a plate of chicken Alfredo that smells so good.

"Thanks it looks good," I offer a smile as he sits down beside me.

Then small conversations are made between Jack and Jonah as I eat. I keep quiet finding out Jack and Jonah are really close. I also noticed Jack's nickname for Jonah is Jo, which makes me jealous and want to chop off Jonah's dick.

Like they even flirt too much. I don't know how I feel about that and it makes me think what Jonah said earlier, he was being serious. Maybe they are meant to be and I'm in the way. No Zach, he's yours shut up.

But then Jonah gets a phone call and Jack finally turns to talk to me. Finally.

"So read any more romantic books that make your heart just want to melt," he sarcastically remarks giggling a little.

"Yes I have, wanna read one since I know how much you loved the last one," I exclaim putting my hands on the table leaning over toward him.

"Fuck no, it might have not been that bad but romance is only for Lover Boys like you," he teases trailing his finger on my arm. It tingles when he does it and I grin at him.

"Hey let's play a game." I suggest getting an idea.

"What kind of game?" He giggles looking at me with curious eyes.

"Slap Jack." I state slapping him in the face.

He covers his face and I feel bad I didn't remember about his anger issues. Oh no what have I done.

But then he opens them and glares at me before saying, "how bout we play another game like Zach attack." He starts to playfully slap me as I cover my face.

"That's not a game," I mumble through my hands as he continues to attack laughing at his own childish behavior.

"It is now," he continues giggling playfully hitting me.

We get so caught up in are fun and games until we're interrupted.

"I hate to interrupt you lovebirds but my sister is going into labor. So I'll see you later Jack and nice meeting you Lover Boy." Jonah smirks getting up and leaving the room.

It becomes quiet and I look over at Jack. So now it was just us. Shit. No Zach, finally.

This chapter is all over the place so sorry. I also hate to do this but guys I'll be taking a break from this book so I can finish my other book Trust Fund Baby. (Which you should go read if you want) So I'll try to update this as soon as possible but it will probably be next Friday maybe. No Promises. Sorry :( until next time.

-🦒