Chapter 10

ZACH

"Ughhh this book is so long," Jack complained not even opening the book up yet. I just sipped my coffee and watched curiously at him as we sat in my favorite part of the coffee shop.

"Well this is your punishment soo," I watch as he rolled his eyes at the book. Sitting back a little on my chair finding enjoyment in watching him as he groaned and complain.

"Six Months Later. Who would name a book that. What is this? Some teen pregnancy story. Just look at the cover. She." He babbled pointing at the cover. "She looks as if she forgot  to ask if he used protection."

"Jack, the cover is literally a girl outside in winter. How did you get all that from the cover." Pointing to the book's cover. "Haven't you ever heard of that saying don't judge a book by its cover?"

"Yeah but this is so boring." He whined as I just chuckled at him.

"That's the point of a punishment." I smiled wickedly at him making him roll his eyes again. He went quiet for a moment, before finally opening the book to the first page but still continue to pester me.

"Yeah but why do I have to read a book so we can just talk about it. That's so dumb." He huffed looking over at me with them gorgeous brown eyes.

"You fucking made me dislocate my knee and we had to get it popped back into place last night. Which hurt like a bitch by the way." I spoke in a duh tone.

"Fair point but can I at least get some reward after this. Reading is hard." He crossed his arms sounding like a whiny baby. My whiny baby. Zach, don't get too attached though.

"Fine," I spoke thinking for a moment. "if you read as many pages as you can today then tomorrow you tell me how much you read and I'll give you a penny for each page read." I explained.

"I'm not five. That won't be able to bribe me." He shut the book.

"Fine how about....a blow...blow pop." I smiled innocently as if I didn't mean something else.

"Again I'm not five. But I rather suck on something else." He winked causing me to blush and look down at the straw of my coffee.

"Well I'll let you finally take me on a date." I spoke bluntly.

"That's not a reward. You would let me take you on a date if I just asked. Which I'll be doing soon," he winked again then adding a little blow of a kiss.

Now I'm was more red than ever, I feel flush so I look down at my straw again. He would take me a date? No one has ever done that. Or allow me to take them on a date. I smile a little more trying to hold in my excitement.

"Hey I got to go soon, so hurry up with that reward or I'm not reading," he spoke tilting up my chin up then crossing his arm over his chest.

"But it's your punishment." I blurted out raising my voice. How dare he turn the tables on me. Stunned eyes look my way from other tables and I see Kennedy give me a look that says are you ok? No I'm not I think I'm letting Jack run over me, control me.

Jack must of knew something was wrong when he look at me with wide eyes and spoke, "I'm sorry, Zach I didn't mean to make you feel bad." That's what always happens.

I don't speak but Jack stands up from the table,"I gotta go but I'll see you tomorrow right?" I nodded my head giving the answer he wanted but did I really want to see him tomorrow?

***

It was a long day of work today. For some reason a lot of people were at the shop today causing me to have to work late. Now I'm all dirty and sweaty, I just wanna take a nice refreshing shower. I hate Monday's.