Chapter 11

JACK

~A week later~

"So are you coming to the party, Christina and I are throwing," Corbyn asks as we sat down in the coffee shop. I had a short day at work and Corbyn asked if we could hangout.

Although I was looking around to see if I saw Zach because I actually decided today would be a good day to surprise him, with finally taking him on a date. I wish he took me on a date though, but he doesn't act so dominant, well only in bed he does.

"Maybe. When is it?" I asked still smirking from my previous thoughts.

"It's tomorrow," he replies sipping on his coffee.

"Maybe." I declare as my answer continuing to glance at the door.

"Who are you looking for?" Corbyn questions making me turn my attention back to him.

"Someone," I mumble fidgeting with my fingers as I did not order coffee.

"Is this someone called Lover Boy." He teases with a smirk.

I blush and smile,"maybe."

"Your only answer maybe?" He mocks me.

"Maybe," I smile up shrugging my shoulders.

"Well you should invite him to the party too." When Corbyn says this, I think of how Zach gets uncomfortable with most people. He barely is comfortable with me. Actually he was really close to me the other night.

"He's not really good with social gatherings," I admit as I think. My thoughts also trail to think about his lips on my skin. How soft they were and every touch felt so good as if my skin was on fire with his touch.

"JACK ROBERT AVERY," Corbyn screams.

"What," I groan at the use of my full name.

"You we're zoning out thinking about your Lover Boy," he teases me.

"No I wasn't," I hiss at him crossing my arms.

"Fine. Ok," he holds his arms up in defense rolling his eyes. Normally I would get mad at it, but I just shrug it off.

"So have you hung out with Jonah lately," Corbyn changes the subject.

"No, haven't had the reason to need him," I bluntly say. I really haven't, Zach has kept me together, I have been more relaxed.

Corbyn frowns at me, "so Jonah means nothing to you?"

"No, I love Jonah he's a great friend. But you know why he is so great," I emphasized great.

Corbyn knows all about Jonah, hell they were sort of friends too. Corbyn knew everything about what has happened, my dark past, my secrets, he was my best friend so of course he would know.

"You know Jonah has feelings too?" Corbyn mumbles out. Taking a sip of his coffee.

"What's that suppose to me," I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"Nothing," he remarks with this disappointed look on his face.

"Bullshit," I yell out. I was getting more angry by the second as my fists hit the table. "What aren't you telling me?"

"Jack," A soft voice speaks as I feel an arm on my shoulder.

"Zach," I smile seeing him with his book in his hand but there is fear in his eyes. Shit.

Getting up from my seat, I kiss his cheek which causing him to blush even more than his red cheeks already are. "I want to take you on a date." 

"Right now," his voice cracks a little which causes me to chuckle.

"Yes. Let's go," I grab his hand.

"Ok," he whispers as I lead him to the door.

"Bye Jack. Bye Lover Boy," I hear Corbyn yell.

"Oh yeah. Bye Corbyn," I yell back waving with one hand as I pulled Zach out of the coffee shop.

***

"Back here again, I see," Zach sighs as we get out of the car.

"This time we won't be going to the skate park." I laugh opening the door to the backseat. I add with a chuckle, "we will actually be going to the park park."

"Park park." Zach giggles at me as I pull out the picnic basket from the car.

"Yeah. Lover Boy." I tease grabbing his hand leading him to the park.

As we walk our hands entwined, I lay my head on his shoulder while my other hand holds the picnic basket.

"Let's go over there," Zach points to a tree and some nice green grass.

"Sure," I reply back smiling up at him as he looks at me through the corner of his eye.

Setting up the picnic was quite nice. We laid a blue blanket on the ground and I took food out of the basket. I brought basic food as sandwiches and chips. We talked for hours, sitting crisscrossed in front of each other and I also had the chance to admire Zach's beauty. He looked handsome sitting on the grass as we watched the sunset. I just had to take a picture but then he looked at me crazy so I did it anyway.

"So was this date nice," I asked with a smile watching him eat his last bite of the sandwich making me realize something.

Looking in the basket I frown and yell," oh but the cookies. I forgot the cookies."

Zach giggles,"Jack calm down it's just cookies and don't worry I have something better for dessert." He adds a wink.

"Oh and what's that," I tease with a smirk.

He gets this playful glint in his eyes as he moves the basket to the side and pushes me down on the ground. He then crawls on top of me. My hands hold his hips as I stare up at him into his gorgeous brown eyes. His eyes staring back at mine as his vision trails down to my lips.

He starts to lean down and I desperately try to meet his lips. Before he lets me though he whispers against my lips.

"This. This is better." Then he presses his soft lips into mine.

So the date kinda sucked. I'm not good at writing about dates and making them all kinds of fluff.

Anyway if you haven't read Purpose, you should. It's a Zaniel story, Yusur and I are working on together on zachthesnack