Chapter 2

Ford's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe it. I'd been betrayed. Tricked. Lied to.

This whole time. This WHOLE TIME it was all an act. A plan that demon had set up. 

And what the hell was that? Bill cried now? I doubt that. That was just an act as well. I hope he dies. I hope he burns in hell. I hope I never have to see him again.

But Bill could watch me. From anywhere. I needed to hide my work.

A few days ago, I had sent Stan a postcard saying I needed help. Hopefully, he would come. He was my last chance to hide everything. I needed to stay here in Gravity Falls to make sure Bill didn't try anything. To make sure the Portal didn't turn on.

I paced around my living room. I hadn't slept in 3 weeks. I needed to sleep.

No. If I slept, Bill could enter my mind and possess me. I could have that. Not anymore. I sighed. Why did this have to happen?

Suddenly there was was a knock on the front door. I jumped. It could be anyone. Probably Stan. Or Bill possessing Stan. Oh god, I can't trust anyone thanks to the three-sided maniac.

I walked slowly to the door. I looked at the crossbow next to the door and picked it up. Gotta be careful.

I flung the door open. "Who is it?! Have you come to steal my eyes?!" Stealing eyes? Really Ford? That's what you could think to say?

"Well, I can always count on you for a warm welcome." My brother said, rolling his eyes.

I sighed in relief. "Stanley. Did anyone follow you?  Anyone at all?"

"Eh. Hello to you too pal." He said nonchalantly.

He acted like Stan, but I just had to be sure. I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him inside. I shone a flashlight into his eyes. No slits. No yellow color. Normal human eyes. 

Stan pushed away. "Agh! Hey! What is this?!"

"Sorry. Just had to make sure you weren't... uh, it's nothing. Come in, come in." I mumbled, clutching my coat to myself and darted inside.

Stan followed. "You gonna explain what's going on here? Your acting like Mom after a tenth cup of coffee."

I picked up Journal 1. "Listen, there isn't much time. I've made huge mistakes, and I don't know who I can trust anymore." I turned the head of a skeleton away from me. I was growing more paranoid by the second.

"Hey, uh, easy there. Let's talk this through okay?" Stan said.

"I have something to show you.  Something you won't believe."

"Look. I've been around the world okay. Whatever it is I'll understand."

I started to walk to the stairs and headed down. My twin followed.

"There is nothing about this that I understand." He said once we'd gotten to the room with the Portal.

"It's a transuniveral gateway, a punched hole in the weak spot in our dimension." I began to explain. "I created it to unlock the mysteries of the universe. But it could just as easily be harnessed for terrible destruction. That's why I shut it down and hid my journals which explain how to operate it. There's only one journal left. And you are the only person I can trust to take it."

I handed him Journal 1. "I have something to ask you.  Remember our plans to sail around the world on a boat?"

Stan smiled.

"Take this book. Get on a boat and sail as far away as you can! To the edge of the earth! Bury it where no one can find it!" I turned around

Stan frowned. "That's it?!" He yelled angrily. "You finally wanna see me after ten years, and it's to tell me to get as far away from you as possible!?"

"Stanley, you don't understand what I'm up against! What I've been through!" I yelled back in response.

"No, no. You don't understand what I've been through! I've been to prison in three different countries! I once had to chew my way out of the trunk of a car!" He started walking towards me, growing angrier by the moment. "You think you've got problems? I've got a mullet, Stanford! Meanwhile, where have you been? Living it up in your fancy house in the woods! Selfishly hoarding your college money, because you only care about yourself." He spat and clenched his fists.

I gasped. "I'm selfish? I'm selfish, Stanley? How can you say that after costing me my dream school?! I'm giving you a chance to do the first worthwhile thing in your life and you won't even listen!"

"Well, listen to this: you want me to get rid of this book? Fine, I'll get rid of it right now!" Stan took out a lighter and lit it. He held the journal over it."

"No! You don't understand!" I ran and grabbed it, tumbling down.

Stan snatched it back. "You said you wanted me to have it so I'll do what I want with it!" He attempted to light it on fire again.

"My research!" I tackled Stan and he dropped the journal. I ran at it, trying to reach. All of a sudden I fell. Stan tripped me. I quickly got up. "Stanley give it back!" I ran at him and pushed him into a console.

"You want it back, you're gonna have to try harder than that!" He cried. Behind us a heard a sound. "You left me behind, you jerk! It was supposed to be us forever, you ruined my life!" We had the journal in between us, trying to pull it towards each other, trying to get it.

"You ruined your own life!" I yelled and kicked him in the stomach. He fell back and his back landed on a symbol. Stan cried out in pain as it burned into his skin. "Stanley! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you alr-"

Then Stan's fist met my face.

I stumbled backward, near the Portal. I tripped over the lever, falling over. I got up.

"Some brother you turned out to be." He was walking towards me, one hand on his back where he got burned, one eye closed. "You care more about your dumb mysteries than your family? Well, then YOU CAN HAVE 'EM." He pushed the journal into my arms, sending me backward.

I started floating. I looked behind me for a second. The Portal had turned on. And I was flying right at it. Lightning crackled around the edge as I came closer.

"Whoa, whoa, hey, what's going on? Hey, hey, Stanford-" Stan started to say, very confused by what was going on here.

"Stanley!" I cried. "Stanley, help me!"

"Oh, no, what do I do?!!"

"Stanley! Stanley! Do something! STANLEY!" I yelled and threw the journal at him as a last resort.

The Portal enveloped me. Oh god. I thought. I'm about to see what drove Fiddleford into madness. What Bill wanted to let into this world. Oh no.

(A/N: Okay I know that was just the entire script of when Ford was pushed in, but I kinda needed it for le plot my peps. And I'm not getting rid of it because I used a lot of time to write it and that time isn't going to waste sooooo yeah. Damn, I sounded really serious there. Wtf is wrong with me? Me, a serious person? Ha! I'm getting off topic, aren't I? Yah I am. I'm gonna shut up now. ~ Riv)