Chapter 21

Ford's P.O.V.

"Sixer! Sixer!" I faint voice called. "Sixer!"

Then I was slapped awake.

"SIXER!" It was Bill.

"Ugh... What the hell...?" I groaned and sat up. I had been unfrozen. Bill kneeled in front of me, others around.

"OH THANK THE STARS YOU'RE ALIVE!" Bill yelled, pulling me into a hug.

"Move demon, it's my brother." Stanley putting his hand out. I took it, getting up. "You okay?"

"Yah. What happened? How did...?" I started to ask.

"No time! We need to kill Kryptos now," Bill said.

"But how? I wasted the last shot of my quantum destabilizer, we have no other way," I said.

"There is another way. It'll work," Bill ignited to blue fireballs in his hands, then aimed them at the floor. He burned symbols into the floor. At first, I had no idea what he was doing. Then I realized.

"No."

Everyone turned towards me. Everyone's eyes on me. Damn social anxiety.

"But this will work, right Bill?" Dipper said.

"Yeah, this is gonna kill Kryptos, and send all this weirdness back," Bill explained.

"No. No. No, we are NOT using the Zodiac." I walked towards the blond demon.

"Why not? I can see the future. This is going to work!" Bill faced me.

"Bill! This is going to kill you!"

"Wait. What?" Mabel said, shocked. "Bill, you said this would kill Kryptos, not you."

Bill sighed. "Listen, I'm the reason this all happened. If I die, all of this weirdness will go away."

"Bill, I did not waste the last 30 years having a crisis on whether or not I should trust you, just for you to die." I glared.

"Don't do this Bill." a few people said.

The demon walked over to me. "Sixer, can we...?" I nodded and we both walked into a small hallway, away from the rest of them.

"Why do you want to do this? After everything?" I asked.

"Sixer, this is the only way."

"No, we can find another way, we have to." I protested.

"We're running out of time, this has to happen."

"I can't lose you, not again."

Bill stared at me. "What...?"

"The things I saw in the Portal, it changed what I thought of you. Please don't do this." I sighed. "I love you."

He kept staring. Then after a minute or two, he looked down. "I mean, I might have another way, but we still need to use the Zodiac."

"What do you mean?"

"There might be a way I can come back to life. I was hoping to avoid it, but I'll do it. I can invoke the Axolotl, and return." Bill explained.

"Uh... what...?"

"Nothing. But I will come back."

"You promise?" I asked.

"I sacrifice myself, then come back to life, just like you want." He stuck his hand out and a blue fireball appeared. "Deal?"

I laughed. "Deal." and took his hand. "You better come back."

"I will. We made a deal." He smiled, and so did I.

"Stupid demon." I leaned forward and kissed him.

"Come on." He said after we parted.

"I hate this."

Everyone was already standing on their symbol, holding hands, and in a blue aura.

"Don't do this Bill," Dipper said.

"It's the only way."

I stood next to my brother. "I'm sorry," and I took his hand.

The blue aura around us expanded, then imploded onto Bill. He started to scream. He flickered as if his physical form was malfunctioning. Tears started to well in my eyes.

Bill started to speak backward. "NRUTER YAM I TAHT REWOP TNEICNA EHT EKOVNI I NRUB OT EMOC SAH EMIT YM LTOLOXA!!!" Blue flames erupted around Bill. Parts of his body started to break off in rectangles. Soon, all of his form had disappeared.

The blue aura faded.

Everyone let go.

It happened.

Bill was dead.