CHAPTER 38:CREAM PUFFS & COOKIES

YORU'S POV

Two bottles of water and a pack of Oishi Prawn Crackers and Lays Nori Seaweed Chips. He doesn't like sweets, so maybe he likes it spicy. I walk towards where Dr. Phun is. Right now, he is sitting by a tree trunk all by himself (he like it, I suppose) completely engrossed in whatever his watching. How come he always has these vague look whenever I see him alone???

I stop by my tracks when I saw Malee approached him. I crouched down at a vacant seat a few meters away from them. Malee had been asking me about this certain doctor ever since the day of the mission. It is easy to say that somehow Dr. Phun had unknowingly charmed his way towards Malee.

Malee kept blabbing about how handsome, hot and kind the doctor is. She'd practically praising him with all the good adjective you could think of. Smitten...yup I guess that's the correct word. She's claiming they had a connection after an eye-to-eye contact. 

Though I doubt it, I've been with Dr. Phun for days now and though he is indeed a very charming man...but there's a mysterious aura in him. It's like he keeps an invisible wall around him. He likes to keep to himself..that's what I've found out after being with him these past few days. Plus I don't believe his the flirty type.. I don't know...

So when Malee asked me about some facts about this doctor, I was at lost. Damn, the first time we met, I was almost certain he mistook me for a ghost or some alien perhaps. He was quiet and quite reserved that I have fried nearly all my brain cells before we could finally break the ice and had a decent conversation. Hehehe. It took some guts to tease him but it paid well.

Malee must have startled him. He flinced when Malee hold out a beautifully wrapped basket in front of him. Seriously dude, the girl been walking towards you, right within your view yet you flinched like she just popped up out of nowhere???You are really something Dr. Phun.

That's a basket of homemade cookies there. How do I know? Well, let's just say I used to received it before from her way, way back, when I first came back to the island. I didn't know it then, what's the hidden meaning behind the delicious cookies. So when I asked it to be stopped, I had to promised Malee I'd helped her whenever she find someone else to baked cookies for.

When Dr. Phun took the gift, I was surprised. A part of me was happy seeing Malee walked happily back to her friends..yet..there's something else. He didn't accept the cream puffs yet he took the cookies? Well he doesn't know that its cookies since it is still wrap. I reasoned to myself. Just then I saw him   took the covers and stared at the gift for a long time.

  Was he moved ?

And then.... He smiled...

The FUCK!!!!HE SMILED!!!

His smiling  while gazing at the horizon. It was an honest smile. I see it reaches his eyes.

Did he like the gift that much? Or is it the giver? This thoughts somehow affected me.