Truth or...?

Claire's POV: "Dare!" Marie laughs.

"I dare you to..." Calum thinks for a minute. "I dare you to call that guy you keep talking about and tell him you like him!"

I laugh as Marie widens her eyes and pulls out her phone with shaking hands. Ash, Michael, Calum, and Luke came over for dinner, and we decided to play truth or dare. Marie's truth was confessing her love for the guy who works at the coffee place on Third Street. It's the next round so naturally her dare would be along these lines.

Luke and Calum have really gotten along, and I'm glad. He needs someone to be nice to him, and it's not going to be Ashton. And Michael knows better than to make friends with someone his best friend dislikes. It's in the bro code. I'm a girl, and even I know that. (I actually have no idea what's in the bro code, but I mean I bet it is.)

"Michael!" Marie says. "Truth or Dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to get me another slice of pizza!"

"That's a terrible dare!" he protests.

"I know, but I'm hungry and lazy."

He shakes his head and walks to the kitchen. "You sound like me," he mumbles.

"So I think it's your turn now, Luke," she says. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," he answers.

We all think for a minute. Calum is the first to come up with a question. "You got a girl back in New York?"

"Not anymore," he replie, eyes flickering to me. Ashton, who already had his arm around me, pulls me closer to him. No one says anything.

"I didn't know what kind you wanted so I just brought all of it," Michael says to Marie, entering the room with 4 boxes of pizza. "Whose turn is it?"

"Mine," Ashton replies.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare," he answers quickly. He never does truth. Is he hiding something?

Michael smirks. "You're gonna hate me."

"What's the dare, Michael?"

"I dare you to show Claire the song you wrote for her."

"You wrote a song for me?" I ask, almost unable to breathe right.

"Yeah, but it's not very good and-"

"Ashton, shut up and play the song, bro," Michael laughs.

"But I don't even have music for it yet!"

"Then just show me the lyrics!" I beg.

He sighs and pulls out his phone, opening it to notes. He hands it to me.

"Do you like it?" he asks as i read.

"Like it? I love it! What's it called?"

"'Wherever You Are'," he answers sheepishly. "Are you happy?"

"Of course! It's not every day a guy writes a beautiful song for you!"

"It's not the first song written for you though," Luke mumbles. I freeze, remembering the song Luke sent me after I moved. 'Beside You'.

"It's the first that matters,"Ashton retorts.

Luke rolls his eyes.

"Just be honest," Ashton cries getting to his feet, "Do you have feelings for my girlfriend?"

"Ashton-" I start.

"You know what? Yes! I do!" Luke yells, standing as well.

"Luke-" I try to say.

"Get a ticket home as soon as you can!" Ashton threatens.

"Or what?" Luke laughs.

"Or I'll have to make you!"

I jump to my feet and throw myself between them. "I think you guys should head home," Marie says.

"Ash, you wanna stay on our couch tonight?" I offer, fearful of what would happen with the two of them in the same house.

He nods and turns to me, wrapping his arms around me. "I love you, Ashton," I whisper. "Just you.Okay?"

He looks down at me and kisses me hard. "And I love you."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So many more reads than the last time I checked! Wow! You guys are amazing! Thanks for voting! I love hearing your reactions and feedback, so please keep commentng! Love youuuuu

MCG