Prologue

Of all the places Eliza expected to see when she opened her eyes, a glass colosseum was was not one of them

Yet, it wasn't exactly a colosseum.

Beneath the glass below her bare feet where she stood, fish swam in some sort of strange aquarium. The aquarium extended up into the walls of the circular building, and she eyed a shark as it skirted past her. The water the fish swam in seemed to emit a glow, which lit the colosseum she stood in.

Even above her she could see myriad colorful fish dashing about.

It was almost as if the pocket of air in the middle of all of it was the real aquarium.

And she was the fish.

However, she was not completely trapped. There were openings around the sides like great windows that looked out over nothing but eternal, misty blackness.

She did not want to go out there.

She lowered her eyes from the vibrant fish and elegant glass architecture. Her gaze landed on the eight massive statues that evenly lined the walls of the circular space. The statues themselves appeared to be glass as well, though what they wore and what surrounded them looking startlingly realistic.

Eyeing the statues with caution, she stepped away from her place by the wall towards the center of the room so that she could get a better view. Once there, she turned around, studying them each in turn.

Each was different, and four initially caught her eye.

She stepped over to the first one, a statue of a person cloaked in darkness— A dark hood, a shimmery dark cloak, and a glass dagger at the hip.

Looking down to the base of the statue, she could read the engraved title.

Assassin.

Naturally this one called to her, as she envisioned herself donning that majestic dark cloak and wielding that deadly dagger. However, she wanted to survey all of her options, so she turned away and crossed the glass colosseum towards another statue that appealed to her.

This statue was taller than the rest, and the glass person bore pointed ears. The figure wore an earth-colored trench coat and a bronze bow slung across it's back. In one graceful glass hand the statue held a bundle of herbs, and in the other a vial.

Archer, it was called.

This one she could see herself being as well. She knew how to pull a bowstring better than any other weapon.

She tore her attention from the archer statue, and moved on to one of the more unusual ones.

This statue looked the least human of all of them, with fur engraved into the glass, feline eyes and ears to match— even a tail. The statue crouched in stealth, one hand looking ready to reach out and scratch someone. She looked down to read it's name.