Chapter 2

<<two days later>>

Hermiones pov

Ron and I were sitting on a rock next to the lake, just watching the waves crash against the shore. We didn't care how cold it was. We just sat there, his arm around me and my head on his shoulder. Harry was still in a coma, but we did get the correct machine from the main Wizard hospital.

Everything was pretty bland and boring without harry. Ron and I barely speak to anyone, we barely eat, and we are constantly by his side. Right now however, they are trying to see if any potions would work on his bones. I know they will not work though. I read it in a book. The person must be conscious and it must be taken by the mouth. Not a tube that goes directly to your stomach.

Everything is still bad. Everyone is constantly hanging out together, and everyone is getting along more. I think they just realized how easy it was to almost lose a close person who is very young and doesn't deserve this, who you usually see everyday, laughing, talking, hanging out, everything. I let a tear slide just thinking about it.

Ron notices and pushes the tear away with his thumb.

"Ron. What if he never wakes up? What if there is nothing we can do? What if..." I say before Ron cuts me off with his lips. Since I am crying, it wasn't the cleanest kiss ever, but I soon kissed back. After about 30 seconds, we both pulled away and looked back at the water.

After another 30 minutes, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked back to see Hagrid.

"You can go see Harry now." He says. We nod and walk back with him.

We all walk into the room and go straight to his bed. He still looks as uncomfortable as before. But this time, he is bruising up and has little scars all over his body. His head is deformed on the left side, probably where he broke his skull.

"Hey Harry. It's us. Hopefully you're not getting tired of us. But we just want to say, please wake up soon. It's so bland and depressing without you. Everyone is the same way. Hogwarts needs you back. Please Harry." I say, holding his non broken hand.

Harry's pov

I'm trying so hard to wake up! I hear people's  pleads and I've been trying. The best part of my day is when they come. I just wish this didn't happen. I don't want to be the cause of everything. Ugh. I'm just a screw up. This is all I am. I screwed with everyone's happiness. I screwed with everyone's life.

All of the sudden, my scar hurt over every other pain. My head hurt even more then it did when I broke it.

Ron's pov

We were looking out the window next the Harry's bed, when out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Harry's head move.

"Wow! Harry!" I say and Hermione rushes to him, me following. Harry's face is screwed up tightly like he was having one of his dreams, and his head was jolting uncontrollably.

Madame Pomfry runs over and puts both hands on either side of his face, trying to control him so he wouldn't hurt himself. He just shook in her hands.

"Madame, He was having a dream. Something bad. He needs to wake up!" Hermione screams. I nod frantically.

"I'm sorry. There is nothing we can do. He must wake up on his own. No magic, no potions, and no muggle theory can help." She says, hands still on his head.

I can tell it's his scar that's hurting him, from sharing a bedroom with him all this time. It just pains me of what pain and suffering he is going through. What if Hermione is right, what if he never wakes up?

Harry finally stopped moving but still looked horrified, confused and tired. I HATE seeing him like this.

One month later

After sitting with Harry for a bit, Malfoy and his goons walked into the room.

"Not now, Malfoy. Go terrorize someone else." I said, turning to face him.

"I'm not here to terrorize you. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything I've done and I never wanted this to happen." He says. I can't tell yet if it's real or not.

"Oh we all know deep down that's a flat out lie." Hermione says, facing him as well, letting go of Harry's hand.

"Oh shut up. I just want to say sorry!" Malfoy yells.

"You should have said that 3 years ago. Now just leave us alone. Go back to being a spoiled brat and we can get back to being worried about our best friend." I say back. He finally leaves and we put our attention back into Harry, who was awake, looking as terrified as as I've ever seen him. More terrified than when he met Voldemort. Every time.

"Harry!" Hermione and I say, engulfing him into a hug.

"You woke up! How are you feeling?" Hermione says quickly, crying tears of joy. Harry opens his mouth, but no sound comes out. He try's again, but just starts to well up with tears.

"What? What's wrong?" I say frantically. Tears start to slide down his face as Madame Pomfry runs in, doing tests on him, giving him potions, and examining him.

"Harry, is...mute. The skull pushed against his brain, making him mute. Ron, go get Mcgonagall, Dumbledore, and Snape. Quickly now!" She says. I get up and run to get them.

I pass people in the halls, but ignore their questions. I get to Mcgonagalls first.

"What is it, Weasley?" She asks in an annoyed tone.

"It's Harry. He's awake, but..." I say but she just gets up and runs out with me. We get Snape and Dumbledore and run back. Snape brings potions and supplies. We bolt through the doors and straight to Harry, who was getting his stomach bandage replaced. Apparently it was a really deep gash, so it didn't heal yet.

"Harry! How do you feel?" Dumbledore asks. Harry looks at me with plead in his eyes. I turn toward them.

Harry's pov

I don't know any of these people. I can't talk, so I can't let them know, but I trust the red head and the girl with poofy Brown hair. I don't know why. It's just a gut feeling.

"He can't talk. His head injury has made him mute. That's what I was trying to say before." The red head said to the three adults.

"Oh my gosh. Harry, I..." One of the adults said before engulfing me in a hug. I didn't hug back because of my injuries. Soon, the nurse(I suppose it was at least) came back with a pad and quill. It's good I'm right handed.

"Write what you need to say." She said while handing it to me.

How do I tell them I can't remember them?