Chapter 25

Draco's pov

Three weeks had past, and we hadn't spoken once since the incident. He seemed to be talking more, but wasn't his usual self. He seemed to ignore Weasel and Bushy Hair more, and seemed to eat less than normal. From what I've heard, everything is ok. He is a normal 13 year old. Except for the voice thing. I don't actually know why he can't talk as much, so don't ask me. We both got in trouble for skipping classes, but had separate detentions.

We were now sitting in potions, and I wasn't paying attention at all.

"Mate. Who are you staring at?!" Blaise whisper yelled. I snapped back into reality.

"No one." I answered. I continued to sit through Snape's boring lecture and finally got to leave. Christmas was less than a month away, so the ground was covered in a thick layer of snow, and Christmas decorations were already starting to go up. I walked alone outside and sat down on the rock where I gave Harry his memories back a couple months ago. I was so scared at what would happen to him, that I actually threw away the book that told me that spell.

I just looked out onto the frozen lake, wishing this month would go by the slowest. I did not want to go home at all. I expected there to be a lot more people outside, but I brushed the thought aside. About 45 minutes later though, everyone seemed to be outside enjoying themselves. Nobody came over to me; many of my friends were probably sitting inside in the warmth. Just thinking about it made me pull my robes closer to my body. I didn't grab a jumper or anything to keep myself warm.

I suddenly heard footsteps getting closer and closer. I looked behind me to see a familiar black haired boy, walking up to the big boulder-like rock.

"Hey." He whispered, climbing onto the rock.

"Long time no see." I joked. He smiled then searched his bag for some parchment and a quill.

Why weren't you at the meeting?

He wrote. He probably had to talk all day. His throat is probably really sore.

"What meeting?" I asked.

Dumbledore told us that the Ministry is demanding for everyone to get resorted.

"Wait, what?" I exclaimed in disbelief. He just nodded and slumped his shoulders. It was obvious that he was nervous or anxious about something.

"What wrong?" I asked in a calm voice. He took a deep breath and looked straight into my eyes.

He said the Ministry didn't like that the sorting hat took students opinions or pleads.

"Ok. And?" I ask.

So the sorting hat is no longer going to take opinions.

"So..." I made a hand motion for him to continue.

"It took my opinion." He said, in a level that was barely noticeable.

"Well, where did it want to put you?" I ask slowly.

Slytherin.

He turned away and set the parchment and quill down on a spot of rock that was clear of snow. I didn't know how to answer that. At all. He gave off a vibe that he didn't want to switch houses at all, but his body language these three weeks has shown something different. What if he is resorted into Slytherin?

"Hey, uh, Harry? Don't worry about it. I'm sure the sorting hat will know. I mean, your the great Harry Potter. The Boy Who Lived. How could anything or anyone forget that?" I said. I heard a small chuckle come out of the boy.

"When is the sorting even taking place?" I asked.

Tomorrow. Classes are canceled for it.

I nodded, happy that there were no classes, but not happy about it then supposedly taking all day. We sat on the rock for a bit longer, until he wrote that he was going to dinner. I wasn't hungry, but I followed him in but went to the Slytherin common room instead to warm up.