Chapter 26

Harry's pov.

Today was the day. Resorting day. Hermione was a mess yesterday, as she knows she is going to get resorted into Ravenclaw. The hat took her pleads in our first year. Ron seemed indifferent. He didn't seem to care. At all. I was going over different scenarios that could happen in my head. I arrived at the Great Hall faster than I had liked, but saw Hermione and Ron, and immediately went to go sit by them.

They were going youngest to oldest, so I had a good hour until I was to be resorted. My nerves didn't seem to end until Draco walked into the room with anxiety written all over his face. Nice to know that even he was nervous, even though his spot was probably not going to change. I don't mean that that is a bad thing. It just seemed like he hadn't begged the hat at all in our first year. The first years went by slowly, and almost none of them got resorted into a new house. The second years had resorted, and Ginny was still in Gryffindor, much to Ron, Fred, and George's liking. It was their turn. The trio took a deep, shaky breath and stood up to be stored again.

"Ronald Weasley." Professor McGonagall announced after a few other kids. I patted Ron's shoulder in reassurance and he sat on the stool. The hat was set on his head, and no exchange between them happened.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled. Hermione and I sighed happily and Ron was very glad as he went and sat next to his sister. After about 30 people, everyone was still in their same house.

"Hermione Granger!" McGonagall yelled. She walked up to the hat and slowly sat down. I could see her eyes gloss over as if she knew her doom.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled. I happily clapped for her. After 4 people, it was my turn.

"Harry Potter!" The whole hall became silent as they watched my every move. It was giving me weird vibes and Deja Vu from my first year. I felt the hat on my head for a second before it yelled out.

"GRYFFINDOR!" I smiled widely and jumped off the go sit with Ron, Ginny, and Hermione. There were only about 7 people left. After 3, it was Draco's turn. I turned to watch.

The hat was set on his head, and he squeezed his eyes closed. The hat took a good 7 second before yelling out.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The whole hall suddenly became silent. The hat was lifted off of his head, and nobody clapped as he slowly made his way to the empty part of the table and set his head in his hands. I spent the next two hours talking to Ron and Hermione. Only a select few people got resorted. The twins stayed in Gryffindor(I don't think there was any other place for them to be honest)

The sorting soon ended, and everyone went their own ways. Hermione and Ron wanted to go to the library, so I decided to go find Draco. He had run off when we were allowed to leave.

Draco's pov

I didn't have an exact spot in mind, but I didn't want anyone to know where I was. I ran outside into the snow that was quickly rising. It was snowing really hard, and I finally got a place in mind. The rock by the lake. The sky was still light, as it was only around 4:00. I had no winter clothing on, so it was getting pretty cold. I didn't care. When I finally made it to the rock, I started to think. What is father going to think? What is he going to do? I kiss Harry, then I get resorted into Gryffindor? He is going to kill me. Unless.....I kill myself first.

I slowly take out the blade I kept on myself at all times, and lifted up my left sleeve. My arm was covered in old and new scars. I took a deep breath before putting the blade up to my arm, and sliding it across. My blood continues to drip down my arm. I hear my name being called, and I just now notice that it was dark out, and the snow had switched from a blizzard to light flurries. I try to block out the continued voices and clean the blade with the snow around me, and cover the bloody snow. I cover my arm with my sleeve again as I hear footsteps approach.